[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - what science fiction are you reading right now?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: what science fiction are you reading right now?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 pm 
Master Pilot

Loved the first one. Could only make it a few pages into the second one. Finally got some of the good story from the Dune and Children of Dune miniseries. Thought those were very well done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm 
Lady Scryer

I also liked the Children of Dune miniseries!

About to start reading Connie Willis' All Clear. After all of my fussing about the book being chopped in half by the publisher after Blackout, Amazon sent me a free ARC for the second half, so I am ending up paying for only one book rather than two after all. :D 8) Cool how that worked out! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 pm 
Master Pilot

When is All Clear due to be released, duchess? Might be time for me to look for Blackout. After I finish reading AATE, of course. :mrgreen:

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:26 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm reading The Brain Thief by Alexander Jablokov. Been waiting for his next book ever since I finished Deepdrive years ago. I'm about 40% in and this one just now seems to be picking up steam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:18 pm 
Master Pilot

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:03 pm 
The UnTitled

Rereading Mission Earth quickly...on book 2, Black Genesis right now.

--A

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:16 pm 
Master Pilot

Picked up both Blackout and All Clear at WFC this past weekend. Will probably read those next, after I finish my re-read of AATE.

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:05 pm 
The UnTitled

Bk 4, An Alien Affair.

--A

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:31 am 
The UnTitled

Book 9, Villainy Victorious

--A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:15 pm 
Master Pilot

Finished the two new Connie Willis books. They could've used a little pruning -- too many characters having the exact same internal dialogue about their collective plight :( -- but the ending of the second book was quite satisfying.

About to start The Secret History of Moscow by Ekaterina Sedia.

My books:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:53 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:08 pm 
Lady Scryer

Just finished up Stephen Baxter's Ark, the follow-up to his Flood. They depict the end of the Earth and humanity (or is it?) in a world wide flood of Biblical proportions. Both are pretty good.

Currently reading the Warriors anthology (edited by George RR Martin), which is a mixture of historical fiction, science fiction, and fantasy stories thus far. It wouldn't surprise me if there are other stories from other genres later on in the book, either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Finished AATE. Wasn't real happy with it.

Now reading Cherie Priest's Clementine and enjoying it 20% in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next