[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Facebook Games - talk Facebook games here!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Facebook Games - talk Facebook games here!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:09 pm 
Lady Scryer

One of recent ones I had to endlessly repeat was "Blow Up Your Obnoxious Muggle Aunt". Not only did I have to repeat it seemingly endlessly thorugh many energy cycles after mastering it - it also ate a $35,000 yew wand! :x :x :x

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:30 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:16 pm 
Lady Scryer

I constantly get my butt kicked in Mafia Wars, Vampire Wars, and Harry Potter. I avoid all dueling if possible, but people keep coming after me. I keep all money/blood banked as much as humanly possible.

And yes -owning properties is the only way to go in Harry Potter. Just as having rackets makes life much easier in Mafia Wars.

Yes, my husband roped me into Mafia Wars. :razz: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:48 pm 

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:31 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, yes. I am sure that your order size is probably the reason why no one messes with you. You probably have one of the bigger ones out there. :D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:36 pm 
Lady Scryer

I am so glad that the Harry Potter game got rid of the feature that ate expensive items. 8) Now if only they would add a "hit list" sort of feature so those of us who get attacked twenty or so times in one to two minutes by the same player could do something about it. :razz: One of those got me at least twenty times yesterday (I didn't count them, so cannot give an exact number but I kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling...).

I do not care if someone attacks me a couple or even a few times in a game. And if my character happens to die, those are the breaks. But the people who continually and repeatedly attack need to receive a sharp lesson, as they destroy other players' enjoyment of the game.

I am really glad for the facebook games right now. Work has been pretty bad as the flu hits more and more staff and their family members. These are a harmless way to blow off steam and get out some tension when I get home from work!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:45 pm 
Lady Scryer

Vampire Wars is doing a ton of really fun stuff for Halloween. 8) 8) 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:18 am 
Lady Scryer

I am seriously considering quitting School of Wizardry over the constant attacks other players make on me due to my small group. In Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars, if someone from a larger group attacks you twenty times in a couple of minutes, you can at least have them put on a hit list as a way of striking back. In School of Wizardry you really have no recourse other than gritting your teeth and putting up with the attacks. At some point it goes from someone trying to get a bit of extra experience in order to level up into bullying - and too many people cross that invisible but very real line in School of Wizardry. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:33 pm 

Agreed.
I still have not yet attacked someone in a duel myself.
All of my duel stats have been from being attacked.

I'm unsure if my poor duel rating is because of that, or what.
But it is not pretty.
Still, I'm not going to worry about it.

The notifications I receive regarding having been dueled all say I take 10 damage,
but I see no difference in any of my stats to understand where the damage is applied...

In the meantime, I'll continue to concentrate on lessons.
That's the fun of the game for me anyway.

~Avatar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:41 pm 
Lady Scryer

Agreed. To me it "School of Wizardry" NOT "Wizardry Wars". In Mafia Wars & Vampire Wars I will occasionally attack someone if I am just a few points shy of leveling up and have run out of energy - but I make sure I never attack someone more than twice (which seems like a reasonable amount to me) or preferably once. I actually see no point to even having dueling in School of Wizardry. If there must be dueling, how about making it optional? That way the bullies can beat on each other as much as they like, and everyone else gets left alone. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm 

*only 10 million gold away from buying 10 Quidditch Stadiums* :mrgreen:

...then on to saving for 10 Castles... :faint:

~Avatar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:01 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, the new changes on Facebook and the Facebook feed look like they will make Zynga games - with all of their constant required feed lurking for building parts - impossible to play.

I was down to just Farmville anyway - I left the others one by one as they all became too much spam, constant begging from game friends, and building projects and quests that they became more work than fun - will probably leave farmville now for the same reasons. I was trying to hold out for level 100 - a big game accomplishment that I am within four levels of attaining - but not sure how much more I can take.

I have been playing a memory game called Gardens of Time. While it could be a spam fest like the Zynga games, you can access all but a few special features and items for free. For now anyway. If it goes in the direction of Zynga with constant spam and special projects which require continuous begging, forget it! :box:

Image Image Image