[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Facebook Games - talk Facebook games here!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Facebook Games - talk Facebook games here!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:05 pm 
Lady Scryer

From Mafia Wars to Farmville to growing your own forest to Farkle - and everything in between! Which Facebook games do you play, and what do you like about those particular games? :) And what irritates you about them?

For example - I play Farmville. I enjoy it because what could be more relaxing than growing peppers and raising swans? 8) Prime irritation: glitches, such as lost gifts and server errors. :razz:

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Facebook Games - talk Facebook games here!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:57 pm 
The Timekeeper

Well you guys know I play Mafia Wars, and it was fun at first, but the Underboss tier is very hard to get through and a major pain in the ass. I was also very turned off to it when they introduced the option of going to war within your own mafia. I've turned down a number of request to do so. I don't know why I do My Forest, but it's for a-I haven't bookmarked it so sometimes I forget it's there.

With close to 1500 in my mafia you do get nutcases on both side of the fences, and I delete any PM I get immediately if I don't know the person personally or from the Watch or here. Lucky me a have a crazy, married 60 year old stalking me-sending me "myheart" requests and Sex on the Beach drinks every day.

On the positive side I did hook up with a guy I went to high school with and have had some great chats with Jenn and Lord Foul. With so many "friends" it's a good resource for getting out political ideas such as Single Payer, Public Option and other causes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:02 am 
Master Pilot

Ah, that's where Lord Foul and others have had their chats lately? Guess MSN is no longer the favorite (maybe it never was).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:49 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I haven't seen a way to have group chats on Facebook though, unless using the meebo client enables it for Facebook chat as well as the other chats it interfaces with. I dislike the tiny Facebook chat window as well, but the meebo interface for Facebook was really unstable last time I tried it, which was months ago.

For games, I started off with L'il Green Patch, but lost interest quickly. I hooked up with Vampire Wars instead of Mafia Wars, and enjoyed that for a good month or so. I decided to take a week long break from it; that break is now going on two months. It is fun, but <shrug>. Even with clan comment boards and pimping, it is still a point and click game.

Farm Town and Farmville and Hatchlings and all of those...I just have no interest.
I got in to My Forest because they supposedly use the game to really plant trees in denuded areas, and I love the loop of birdcalls when tending my forest. I love sending out nearly 100 seedlings a day to my friends who are playing via the hourly quota. As Duchess says about Farmville, I find it relaxing; soothing moments in my online day. :)

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:50 pm 
Lady Scryer

my kitties go nuts over the bird calls in the forest; they sit next to the speakers and try to find out where the birdies are :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:23 pm 
Lady Scryer

I have now given Vampire Wars a try, and after one day am already getting bored with it. It is mostly point and click without much interaction with other players.

Am giving a Harry Potter game Menolly sent a link to me about a try. Seems to be no way to get enough gold to do really basic things in the game (like getting sorted into a House) without constantly dueling other people, unless I am missing something (which is quite possible).

I have no idea how to chat on Facebook, if it is even possible? :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:13 pm 

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

One of the things I like about Farmville is that you can interact with other players - and all in positive ways - helping each other adopt stray animals, visiting each others' farms and helping out for coins and experience, etc. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:40 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:55 pm 
Master Pilot

I am the anti-gamer. :mrgreen:

Signed up for Vampire Wars (I think it was Vampire Wars -- it was *something* to do with vampires) but never went back. Started a forest and never went back. Zero interest in Mafia Wars (sorry, danlo!), or Farmville (sorry, Duchess and Menolly!), or those bloody Easter eggs that you have to raise to be critters, or collectible puzzle pieces, or any of that stuff. Or WoW. :lol: I go on Facebook to catch up with friends and the kids.

Well, and play Bejeweled Blitz. :twisted:

But that's it.

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

One of my other friends keeps scoring more than 300,000 points per game in the blitz. freaks me out! :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:48 am 
Master Pilot

Haha, even the most innocuous game develops hardcore players!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 pm 

I haven't done any of the farming games, although I am sorely tempted by the restaurant ones.
Especially since learning of the interaction.
But I'm happy with the three I play.

I wish School of Wizardry (the Harry Potter-themed one) was more interactive with other players, but I'm enjoying it anyway.

~Avatar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

The thing that I do not like about the Harry Potter game is that you have to needlessly repeat lessons over and over and over again and yet twenty more times on top of that after you have mastered them to gather up the necessary spells for other lessons further on. Gets old after a while. :wink:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:11 am 

*nodding*

I've been lucky so far, and tend to average a spell only obtainable through a lesson (or Hall Passes in Diagon Alley, I think) every five or six times in a lesson. So I generally get two spells by the time the lesson is mastered.

~Avatar