[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Wizard of Earthsea Group Read?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Wizard of Earthsea Group Read?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:03 pm 
Lady Scryer

One of our members mentioned up in Snowy Owl that she might like to see a Wizard of Earthsea group read at some point in the future. :)

Just starting this thread to see if others might be interested as well? :)

I know that I would be interested if we can get enough people together. :)

So that would be two... so far me and Furls :wink: :) 8)

Image Image Image

Last edited by Duchess of Malfi on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:29 pm 
Lady Scryer

That he would be willing to contribute a chapter or two also. :)

So we are up to possibly as many as four people? That might work with a shorter book like Wizard. :D

We could certainly wait for you Menolly, if you wish. :)

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:41 pm 
Master Pilot

OH yes yes yes!!! Count me in!!! We have to get Fisty in on it too! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:55 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I would suggest y'all don't wait for me. It's going to be months. I still have Everything's Evrntual, Insomnia, and The Dark Tower in the DT cycle, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and if I read as slowly as I suspect, Fatal Revenant before I ever get to EarthSea.

I'll treat the group read the way I do the Watch RPGs I'm thinking of playing. I'll lurk, and play catch up once I understand the "rules."

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:30 am 
Master Pilot

Well, it wouldn't look good if I wasn't involved, would it. :lol:

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:11 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:21 pm 
Master Pilot

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

Fisty, that person in Snowy Owl is Furls.

So you would be a "maybe" then?

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm 
Master Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:40 pm 
Lady Scryer

I actually prefer something a little less structured than the TCTC dissections anyway - like the group reads for Mordant and the current ones for Dune. :) I like a looser schedule that allows for time for real life events, and a format where people throw out their thoughts and honest impressions rather than trying to write a scholarly dissertation. :)

Not that there is anything wrong with an in-depth scholarly approach - but it can be really exhausting for the people leading off each chapter. :? I know that I got burned out after awhile... :(

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:23 am 
The UnTitled

I'll take part you manipulative, arm-twisting mad-men. :D (And it was Duchess who had the gumption to keep Dune going. :D I just felt sorry for her ploughing through all by herself. :D Still, at least it's going, and some people are reading and taking part. :D )

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Mid-September would be good for me too. Of course, there's always something happening here, so you all can start it anytime and just let me know. :-)

And Avatar, I am not a "mad-men"...I may be mad, but I am no man... :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:32 am 
The UnTitled

Sorry Furlsy. :D mad-people. :D

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:22 am 
Master Pilot

She speaks true. Her photos at hotbabesoftheland.com are awesome!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next