[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Wizard of Earthsea Group Read?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Group read, Wizard of Earthsea
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:58 pm 
Master Pilot

Realizing I'm as usual a little late to this discussion. As I voted in 2005, I'm very in favor of a group read of WoE. My preference would be to use some of the format described above, and not the format and style used on KW, since even after reading those threads I DO NOT understand what all is being done there.

W/T are forever

Post subject: Re: Group read, Wizard of Earthsea
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:01 am 
The Timekeeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:02 am 
Master Pilot

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:20 am 
The UnTitled

Never thought of the KW ones as particularly structured to be honest, but then, maybe other people put more effort in than I do. ;)

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:59 am 
The UnTitled

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:55 am 
Master Pilot

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:33 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:04 pm 
Lady Scryer

When would people like to get started with this? I was thinking maybe the weekend after Labor Day? Would anyone like to go first? :)

When time gets closer, I will see if I can figure out how to send out one of those administration emails to all members to remind everyone about the read. :)

And one more question - do people want to do the group read here in this forum, or in a separate forum dedicated to the group read? (I thin it would be fine here, myself, but am willing to go with a different forum if there is demand for one). :)

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:23 am 
The UnTitled

I'm easy either way about the forum. I don't know when labour day is though. Can't think about it yet...got a Dune chapter to do... :D But I'll do a couple here too.

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:29 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:00 am 
The UnTitled

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:04 am 
Master Pilot

I have decided to reread the first four Malazan books before going on. There's so much in them that I'm sure I've missed a lot. I don't want to read more until I have a better handle on it. And, since the first four feel like one huge, glorious story, I'll stop there.

My point, and I do have one, is that I'm not overly involved in anything that I can't stop. I can do Earthsea any time we want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:38 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I am nearly done with my journey to the Tower.

A Wizard of Earthsea is on Beorn's reading list...

Highdrake, was that the next series suggested in your recommendations? Having never taken part in group reads, would y'all suggest it is OK to do for a novice to the series? Or shall I wait until I finish each book first?

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next