Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Feast For Crows is coming soon!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Get ur yayas out! Speculate, share news, drool in anticipation!

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 3/1/03 1:56:14 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: A Feast For Crows is coming soon!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:53 pm 
Lady Scryer

I still can't find that draned magazine with the AFFC novella in it!! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Um...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:50 pm 
Pilot

Not to be too much of a spoilsport, but what do you mean by "soon" and how do you know???????? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Um...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:38 pm 
Master Pilot

I don't and neither does George! As Duchess will tell u! I still have ASOS 2 read, so I'm set! Soon is such a relative word don't u think? But that's what this 4rum is 4: Speculate! Zahir! Speculate! Give us news!!! Whine moan piss fight! out! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:42 pm 
Lady Scryer

Zahir, the book has not been written yet, though Martin HAS read several chapters now at various conventions. A large chunk of the prolgue, a self-contained novella, is appearing in the March 2003 issue of Dragon magazine (which I have yet to locate )

There is a thread on this forum containing the link to Martin's website. He says that he will update the site the minute the book is finished, so his fans will know even before his publisher! Go check it out and look at the cool Stark and Targ shirts! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:00 am 
Master Pilot

I still have ASOS to read myself. I couldn't resist looking at the prologue at Borders the other day. (I'm not going to buy the hardcover this close to the release of the paperback. )

Then we can read and argue and speculate. <i>Edited by: Damelon at: 3/1/03 5:02:01 pm
</i>

Post subject: Speculations
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:33 am 
Pilot

I would usually leap at the chance to speculate. However--I've only read "A Game of Thrones" so far, which means my specs are bound to be two books out of date!

But...

Methinks Dany will find all sorts of surprising allies now she's got actual dragons! And Tyrion is gonna get pushed too far. There's gonna be a genuine attempt(s) to make the Seven Kingdoms exactly that. You can't tell me the Starks aren't gonna keep getting shafted by their damned honor--just as the Lanisters are gonna get shafted by their lack of same. Arya's dire wolf will return, sooner or later. Some more incest will rear its head, methinks--along with maybe some gay and/or lesbian stuff. The Nightwatch will find precious little help as the Others get to be a bigger and bigger problem.

I dearly hope Joffrey dies horribly, in front of his mother. If she herself then ends up handless, tongueless, legless and blind--so much the better! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Speculations
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:52 am 
Lady Scryer

Unfortunately, dear dear Cersei is still alive and well at the end of SOS -- and, in fact, will be a POV character in Crows.
One of the chapters Martin has read at a convention is one of her chapters. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 3/27/03 8:52:51 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Speculations
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:23 am 
Master Pilot

Martin's got another thing coming if he expects me to feel any sympathy for that self-absorbed, narcissistic bi-atch. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

Post subject: The Arms of the Kraken! Quotes! Possible Spoilers!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:05 am 
Lady Scryer

I finally found it today at Barnes and Noble!

Quote:Well, who has a keener eye than the crow? After every battle the crows come in their hundreds and thousands to feast upon the fallen. A crow can espy death from afar. And I say that all of Westeros is dying. Those who follow me will feast until the end of their days.
and
Quote:Even a priest may doubt. Even a prophet may know terror....As a thousand voices shouted out his brother's name, all he could hear was the scream of a rusted iron hinge. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re: The Arms of the Kraken! Quotes! Possible Spoilers!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:17 am 
Pilot

I breezed through many of the above replies so that the Game of Thrones wouldn't be spoiled for me!(maybe that's why they call them spoilers!)

Anyway, what is the link to Martin's website?

By the way, any more Martin emoticons? I noticed Jamie and Tyrell. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: A Feast For Crows is coming soon!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:08 am 
Master Pilot

I just put 1 up that's supposed 2 b Tyrion, not that flattering, but the only 1 I could find that came close: or u could, possibly, use this guy:

cam, I think the like u're looking 4 is in Duchess' topic, "the author's website"... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/1/03 7:30:47 pm
</i>

Post subject: Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:54 am 
Pilot

Okay, now that I've finished STORM OF SWORDS, I have a speculations to share.

My strong suspicion is that Cersi poisoned her mother, and that said poison deformed Tyrion in the womb. We know Lady Joanna found Cersi and Jaime doing something that made her seperate them (we can pretty much guess what). The dates aren't exact but this must have been prior to Tyrion's birth. Cersi, with the total lack of scruples or forethought which has been her hallmark, avenges herself and get her mother out of the way. I imagine it came as a big surprise when Joanna actually died.

What do you think? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:11 pm 
Lady Scryer

It's certainly possible, I wouldn't put anything past that woman!
I guess we'll have to wait for some of POV chapters in AFFC! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:57 pm 
Lady Scryer

And I believe that date is also still mere speculation.

Still, I would rather the author take his time and do it right than hurry something half finished into print... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>