Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: George R.R. Martin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:55 pm 
Master Pilot

Narnia prepped me 4 alternate worlds and Peach prepped me 4 all things weird! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/04 10:22 am
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:51 am 
Master Pilot

That much is obvious Aure entuluva !<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:13 am 
Master Pilot

<b> Hey, I loved the Narnia books! Sold in Christian book stores everywhere. I read the first book to my class each year; then watch the British-based movie. There's an animated one, too, but hard to find. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Narnia or Elidor ?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:22 am 
Master Pilot

Hhmm Narnia. A quite wonderful series of books. Lewis and Tolkien were big friends of course, until they fell out that is.

It would be hard for me to decide whether I preferred The Hobbit, Lion the Witch or Elidor. But all in all I'd still go for Eildor as the best childrens book of all time.

Favourite Narnia book anyone ? I suppose mine would be The Silver Chair. Love that Puddleglum chap. Aure entuluva !<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Narnia or Elidor ?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:37 am 
Master Pilot

<b> Elidor? I went to my usual source, EBAY, and could find nothing. Do you know where I can get this book? I know nothing about it, but if it's your favorite children's book (and I teach children), I should read it! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:39 am 
Master Pilot

My fav is Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Aslan is my fav--maybe has something 2 do w/being a Leo... The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:08 pm 
Master Pilot

Theoden - Elidor is available as Amazon, but Uk I'm afraid :(

Danlo - Dawn Treader was good too. I got a New Rose I got it goodYes I knew that I always would<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:25 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I've ordered it, and it is on it's way. (Better be good! How many characters in this one??? </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Elidor
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:42 am 
Master Pilot

Four Kids are the main characters. Alan Garner has written some other kids books. Look forward to you becoming a big fan. Better than that the BBC did a TV Series of the book about 5 or 6 years ago. It was a briiliant adaptation, and you'll probably be able to buy it on Video somewhere. I got a New Rose I got it goodYes I knew that I always would<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Elidor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:58 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Well, <i> Elidor</i> arrived today, and it looks promising. I will start it as soon as I finish <i> Manifold Origin</i>. Will let you know how much I enjoy it. Thanks for the recommendation. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Elidor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Gurth am Glamhoth, my Liege !

Is there a light in Gorias ? I got a New Rose I got it goodYes I knew that I always would<i></i>

Post subject: A Game of Thrones
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:23 pm 
Master Pilot

jamming thru The High House now--and really itching 2 start A Game of Thrones, ps thanks again KT! The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: A Game of Thrones
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:28 am 
Master Pilot

Hurry Danlo, hurry up so you can ecome one of those aggravating newbies over at Ran's board.

*Considers the fact that he isnt exactly an old timer himself* "I say the right things but act the wrong way, I like it right here but I can not stay. I watch the tv forget what I'm told, well I am to young and they are too old. I'll make it you see, I'm never so pleased, pretend to be nice tho I can be mean. I missd the last bus, I'll take the next train. I'll try but you see, its hard to explain." Hard to Explain, The Strokes<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 am 
Master Pilot

I'm already an agravating newbie in every other 1 of Ran's forums--I think I'll test the waters here 1st--have u warned him? The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/4/02 8:35:03 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:40 pm 
Master Pilot

I dont think he will appreciate anything I say as I managed to piss off half of everyone that ventures into misc. "I say the right things but act the wrong way, I like it right here but I can not stay. I watch the tv forget what I'm told, well I am to young and they are too old. I'll make it you see, I'm never so pleased, pretend to be nice tho I can be mean. I missd the last bus, I'll take the next train. I'll try but you see, its hard to explain." Hard to Explain, The Strokes<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next