Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Casting ASOIAF
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:25 pm 
Master Pilot

This link might get us started: Movie?
While I totally disagree with many choices, I do think that Kidman as Cersie and Day-Lewis as Eddard Stark are very cool choices--the Brad Pitt choices are awful...who who u cast?
I would have 2 cast Julianne Moore as Melisandre... (hubba/hubba) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/4/03 7:29 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Casting ASOIAF
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:09 pm 
Lady Scryer

Actually, I see Kidman as Lady Cat -- somewhere I read a quote from Martin that when he pictures Lady Cat in his mind he sees Kidman! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject: Casting Choices
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:27 pm 
Pilot

This is always a fun idea! heh heh heh...!

I frankly see Ron Perlman as Ned Stark, with Nicole Kidman as Cat.

King Robert almost has to be Johnathan Rhys Davies, imo, with Charlize Theron as Cersi and either James Spader or Matt Damon as Ser Jaime. Patrick Steward as Lord Tywin, with Peter Woodward as his brother Kevan. About Tyrion, I am stumped, honestly.

But Julianne Moore would indeed by a marvelous Melisandre, and I'd pick Sean Bean as Ser Davos to Alan Rickman's King Stannis.

For that matter, I'd choose Tobey McGuire as Jon Snow.

<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Casting Choices
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:31 pm 
Master Pilot

Patrick Stewart is definitely Stannis! Though he may be too old...:shrug Sean Connery is The Old Bear...
Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:19 am 
Master Pilot

I could see Perlman as the Hound but not as Ned Stark. I like the dwarf from Time Bandits the guy with the heavy brow as Tyrion--he'd have 2 dye his hair blond tho...Connery yes! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:14 pm 
Pilot

Patrick Stewart is definitely Stannis!

I have always pictured Colin Farrell as Jon Snow. He is a little old but somehow I can't get him out of my mind as Jon.

I also pictured Mel Gibson as Ned. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:29 pm 
Master Pilot

Excellent choice! I can definitely see Mel telling his daughters to leave King's Landing.

I agree about Stewart as Stannis!! Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:10 am 
Pilot

I was in a real quandry about casting Tyrion. My first two choices--Michael Dunn and David Rappaport--are dead (well, actually my first choice is Miles Vorkosigan but methinks everyone can see what's wrong with that choice).

But David Warwick (methinks that's his name--played the title character in Willow?) would be excellent, imo.

Meanwhile I'll go with Michelle Williams as Dany.

There's an actor whose name I don't recall, but he played Emery Waterman (the overweight nerd psychic) in the miniseries Rose Red. He's my choice for Samwell the Slayer! .

Hmmmm...anybody else see Christofer Lee as a good choice for Maester Aemon? "GOD created Man in his own image. Man, being a gentleman, returned the courtesy." -Voltaire<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:42 am 
Master Pilot

Steve Bushemi (Fargo: the "smarter" villian, Armageddon and as the crazed "Hannibal" type murderer in Con Air) 4 Littlefinger...now that would b demented! Nick Nolte as Robert! He's the king of big burly alcoholics! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>