[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - ASOS chapters 20 & 21 Lady Cat/Jaime

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ASOS chapters 20 & 21 Lady Cat/Jaime
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:10 am 
Lady Scryer

Quote:The north is hard and cold and has no mercy.

Chapter 20 begins with the corpses of two murdered children, cousins and scions of the Lannister family. Lord Karstark has had these young captives murdered in vengeance for the deaths of his children, who died fairly in battle.

Catelyn is sickened by what has happened. In her own mind she sees her two younger sons murdered at Winterfell, sees the Lannisters murdering her Sansa in revenge for these deaths.

King Robb is faced with the decision with what to do with Lord Karstark, an ally who shares his blood. In addition, he worries, as he is hemmed in by enemies, other than Lyssa, who refuses to answer his messages. The Karstark followers have left upon the arrest of their Lord. Everything seems to suddenly be falling apart for this young King, who has yet to lose a battle but who suddenly seems to be losing everything...

In the end he executes Karstark himself, but not until he is cursed by Karstark as a kinslayer. Quote:The gods shall judge you as you have judged me...Kill me and be cursed. You are no King of mine.

The chapter ends with the young Quenn seeking out Lady Cat for advice, as Robb is brooding and unhappy. Young Jeyne tells her that Robb has been writing something and burning it, and confides that her mother has been giving her a drink every morning made of milk and herbs and ale to help her fertility. Coming right after a Tyrion chapter where Tywin doesn't seem to be at all upset with the Westerlings, this tidbit has always made my blood run cold. WHAT herbs are Mommy Westerling putting into the little Queen's drink??

Danlo will follow wit hthe Jaime chapter, 21, very soon. And I know it will be a quick turnaround, but I think I will try to get 22, an Aray chapter done next Tuesday, before I leave town. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject: Re: ASOS chapters 20 & 21 Lady Cat/Jaime
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:03 pm 
Master Pilot

Robb was just like Eddard, he didn't use a headsman, but killed Karstark himself. An honorable man; a Stark. Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: Jaime: short chapter, but u tell me y it's so important!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:03 am 
Master Pilot

Well the Duchess could have started chapter 22 any
time she wanted 2 as she is not only growling at me 4 being so late with this chapter, but is 2 psyched 2 get out of town and on w/her vacation...

So how will I start this chapter? Well, probably by berating y'all 4 lurking and not posting or even volunteering 2 take a chapter in this great book, oh well ur loss... . 2nd by saying that well, Jamie is such a creep who wants 2 take this chapter, anyway? And 3rd by saying that even tho we can NEVER 4give Jamie 4 throwing Bran 2 the ground I think that u will begin 2 see that not only is there more 2 Jamie than meets the eye, you will probably look back on this chapter as a major turning point in the entire ASOIAF cycle that begins 2 redefine Jamie as we kno him...

Now I'm not really crapping out here, but u guys need 2 post in and support this chapter, instead of relying on us all the time 4 "concise" recap--I will say that in crossing the burned out lands that Ser Gregor has laid waste 2 Brienne continues 2 push Jamie and Ser Cleos southward 2 King's Landing 2 honor her pact w/Lady Cat and win back Arya and Sansa. Brienne and Jamie fall 2 serious arguement and blows. Jamie explains why he could not stand up 4 the Mad King and allow his father 2 die. Brienne almost bests Jamie. The 3 are attacked by the Bloody Mummers. Ser Cleos is killed and Vargo Hoat's Dothraki severs Jamie's sword hand.

I leave it 2 u 2 correct me and/or fill in the gaps (and Duchess I want response from them! Not u--u go have a fun vacation...I'll post more if the "Others" refuse 2 help! )

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/8/03 9:09 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Jaime: short chapter, but u tell me y it's so important!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:29 pm 
Lady Scryer

I'm sorry I've been a nag, Danlo! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Now stop that right now! U r not a nag! That isn't what I meant @ all...I'm just tired of our group readers not working hard enuf 2 analyse the chapters--u have done ur share and more--now it's time 4 u 2 go on vacation and relax! And stop worring about things...and SMILE! dangit! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/9/03 10:19 am
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:10 pm 
Pilot

When Robb came back and had to execute one of his supporters, I really thought "This is it, the beginning of the end." Because he really is too much his father's son--so upright and honorable as to be doomed. To command a nation requires some ruthlessness, an ability to see beyong the rules to the reason they exist--with a willingness to bend them into pretzels if need be.

Mind you, I like Robb. He's a great guy. And Lord Karstark is exactly what's wrong with so many people in Westeros--blind to any larger issues, or anything beyond their own picque. But Robb is guilty of the same, only in a more palatable form (like his father). "GOD created Man in his own image. Man, being a gentleman, returned the courtesy." -Voltaire<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:08 pm 
Pilot

Ok, I think I have finally caught up with you. My plate is very full with moving and trying to find a job and all so please forgive me. I will try to post as much as possible.

Is it me? Yes, Jaime is a selfish person who certainly has a twisted sense of the world around him yet I cannot help but like him to a certain extent. It is obvious that he loves Cersei (much more than she loves him, I think) and he loves Tyrion. He sees Brienne as his enemy but he cannot help giving her a grudging respect. And yet, he is the "bad guy" - but not as much as other characters. On one hand, he throws Bran out the window and on the other, he keeps Brienne from being raped. What's with this guy?! I'm so confused! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:50 pm 
Master Pilot

I think a number of months in a dark, dank, nasty cell did him a world of good! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:11 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image