[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - a feast for crows: Are ALL the Stark kids wargs?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: a feast for crows: Are ALL the Stark kids wargs?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:25 pm 
Pilot

who thinks all the starks are wargs? <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/17/03 8:29:52 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: a feast for crows: Are ALL the Stark kids wargs?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:02 pm 
Pilot

I've maintained for some time that yes, all of Ned Stark's children are wargs. What's more, this will be increasingly important as time goes by. One wild card that (as far as I can tell) I'm alone in fortelling is that Sansa will prove increasingly vital. She has no dire wolf. Might she instead eventually get a dragon????

Then there's Jon. Lots of speculation that he's really the child of Ned's sister and Raeger. Maybe. Can't make up my mind on that one. More disturbing idea--was Jon's father Aerys???

"GOD created Man in his own image. Man, being a gentleman, returned the courtesy." -Voltaire<i></i>

Post subject: the wolf pack
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:16 am 
Lady Scryer

I would agree that all of the Stark kids -- and Jon -- are all wargs.
And I think Dany is, too! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:10 am 
Master Pilot

Came across this letter from Tolkein to Wolfe...

"7th November 1966

Dear Mr Wolfe,

Thank you very much for your letter. The etymology of words and names in my story has two sides: (1) their etymology within the story; and (2) the sources from which I, as an author, derive them. I expect you mean the latter. Orc I derived from Anglo-Saxon, a word meaning demon, usually supposed to be derived from the Latin Orcus -- Hell. But I doubt this, though the matter is too involved to set out here. Warg is simple. It is an old word for wolf, which also had the sense of an outlaw or hunted criminal. This is its usual sense in surviving texts.* I adopted the word, which had a good sound for the meaning, as a name for this particular brand of demonic wolf in the story.

Yours sincerely,

J. R. R. Tolkien"
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:24 am 
Master Pilot

Syl that was quite cool and 2 the point--I would assume @ page 400 of ASOS, I kno I like a , that yes all the kidz r...**we need a wolf emoticon--in the mean time, refer 2 Duchess' "House Stark" av...*** And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:15 am 
Lady Scryer

You're not a slow reader Danlo -- -- you are, instead a connoiseur!
You take your time and savor every fine word! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject: Re: the wolf pack
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 am 
Lady Scryer

I am not sure on how far along you are, so I will put this in as a spoiler:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:29 am 
Master Pilot

Interesting, Duchess. Still, it doesn't seem the same sort of thing as what we've seen from the children of Ned Stark.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:07 am 
Lady Scryer

No, but on the other hand, it would also involve two different species (direwolves v. dragons), so perhaps the bond is different. :)

Image Image Image