[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - First Impressions of AATE - LOTS OF SPOILERS

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: First Impressions of AATE - LOTS OF SPOILERS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:09 pm 
Lady Scryer

So I am up to chapter five...

So far just as I was afraid of and commented in the thread about the chapter posted at Donaldson's website - every answer just brings up ten new questions. :? And new mysteries still being introduced. :?

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: First Impressions of AATE - LOTS OF SPOILERS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:18 pm 
Lady Scryer

Roughly a third of the way through...

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:37 am 
Lady Scryer

hate to say this guys, but not feeling the love so far... :( :( :( :( :(

Go ahead and crucify me now.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:36 pm 
Master Pilot

<shrug> Hey, if you don't like the book, you don't like it. At least you're reading it -- UNLIKE THAT LAME-BUTT, HIGHDRAKE. :razz:

My pet theory about SHE (as Seareach calls her -- and the name comes from HP Lovecraft, I'm told, not from Harry Potter) is that

As for the other characters -- yeah, I kind of see your point. But I didn't really think about it 'til you mentioned it.

But rather than picking nits ;) -- what do you like about the book? Anything? There are a lot of things I liked, but I don't know whether you've finished it yet.

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:40 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 am 
Lady Scryer

Thankfully the book has gotten better past the halfway point.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 pm 
Lady Scryer

OK. finished now. and the Last Chronicles are 75% complete. And what do we have to show for it?

Overall I was very disappointed with this book, though the second half is far better than the terrible first half. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm sorry you were disappointed, Duchess. I really liked this book -- better, in fact, than I liked FR.

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 pm 
Lady Scryer

Some things that I DID like:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:03 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

Danlo felt the growling emptiness of his belly and the terrible screaming hunger of every cell of his body. He remembered a word, then, waashkelay, which meant simply "meat hunger." He realized that on some deep level, the grains and pulses and other vegetable foods that he had eaten for so many years had never truly satisfied him. Always, buried in the tissues of his heart and belly, there had burned a deep desire to consume the meat of another animal and to taste the marvelous tang of blood once more. War in Heaven, p. 387.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:06 pm 
Master Pilot

I am up to Part II Chapter Nine page 618 so almost near the end and I have actually enjoyed it all in all , found it a easy read apart from when I m tired of course lol :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:10 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:27 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

Danlo felt the growling emptiness of his belly and the terrible screaming hunger of every cell of his body. He remembered a word, then, waashkelay, which meant simply "meat hunger." He realized that on some deep level, the grains and pulses and other vegetable foods that he had eaten for so many years had never truly satisfied him. Always, buried in the tissues of his heart and belly, there had burned a deep desire to consume the meat of another animal and to taste the marvelous tang of blood once more. War in Heaven, p. 387.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:43 am 
Lady Scryer

FarmUrTed:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:17 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger