Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Be Welcome...Welcome and True!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:24 pm 
Master Pilot

I've lived in Albuquerque New Mexico 4 23 years and have met Stephen R. Donaldson twice. I can definatley see parts of The Land in this beautiful state--so I can see where SRD got alot of his inspiration! Aside from the Reed Stephens mysteries I think I own everything SRD has written-The entire top shelf of my bookcase is nothing but Donaldson. When I 1st read Lord Foul's Bane in '78 I became so obsessed with Thomas Covenant that I almost cut off 2 of my fingers so I could play him in the movie version! Covenant is probably, aside from Mallory and Danlo Ringess, the most compelling fictional character ever created. Yes I love The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion but there's something about the way TC's mind works that it and the Land summon u in and never let you go. I usually hang out @ Kevin's Watch new discussion pages (that u can access by clicking the above banner) which is filled with some of the silliest, albiet intellegent, folks I've ever met! We welcome them here as we do all! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/14/02 9:15:46 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Be Welcome, Welcome and True!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:21 pm 
Master Pilot

It sounds like there is no greater fan/admirer of SD than yourself. Were you willing to contact leprosy as well? I don't think I've have any problems having a relationship with Linden Avery (in another life, of course)! Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: I don't know about that...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:03 pm 
Master Pilot

Once Sky, Hearthcoal, aliantha, aminbahavin, Michael Giantfriend, Juntel and all the others find their way from the Watch 2 this place I may have some SERIOUS competition 4 the title of "no greater fan". Hellfire! Even Lord Kevin himself may appear and tear this place up! Speaking of Donaldson fans-The Land's Covenant site is CHOCKED full of intricate info--go 2: theland.antgear.com/index.html Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/8/02 5:25:00 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: I don't know about that...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:28 am 
Pilot

Hello Danlo - just wanted to drop in and say hi! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:48 pm 
Master Pilot

yeah hey danlo .. the competition have arrived!!!! ..

Be afraid .. Be very afraid and oh yeah .. 'be welcome .. welcome and true' to you too!! this is a cool place you got yourself here .. when I have more time I will drop by and check out the rest of the cool stuff you got going here .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:06 am 
Pilot

So, Sky...this is where you've been hanging out lately. Pretty amazing to see a fledgling discussion board taking its first few flights, isn't it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:11 am 
Master Pilot

indeed it is your most amazingness .. and the first flight is seemingly a smooth one ..

I havent been hanging out anywhere ... sadly ... I have been preoccupied with the demands of real life .. and have had very little time to pop in anywhere ..

woe is me .. but alas .. life is good .. even if its pace has quickened .. anyway .. arent u supposed to be sending me something??? Perhaps I should check my email to see if it has already arrived ..

health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Hi Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:04 pm 
Pilot

Hi Danlo, Skyweir, Hearthcoal and everyone else,

I just wanted to pop in and say a big hello, This will be another one of those sites I just can't keep away from. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Hi Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:15 pm 
Master Pilot

hey PofA!! ..

Danlo has been harrassing me relentlessly to read Zindell's Neverness .. and when I do .. suddenly I discover this site he created and like heaps of other people on the planet who obviously .. have read it .. also .. who would have thought??? health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Hi Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:15 pm 
Deus Ex Machina

OK. I registered. Greetings fellow earthlings <i></i>

Post subject: Welcome Vain!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:46 pm 
Master Pilot

Thanks SO much 4 the banner!!! I think we need 2 start a topic in this forum just about u. In fact I'll do it now... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

Post subject: Present and accounted for, sir
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:19 pm 
Pilot

Cool site, danlo! You don't mind that us SRD fanatics take over your site, do you? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Present and accounted for, sir
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:16 pm 
Master Pilot

Another SRD fanatic signing in.

I know everyone loves TCTC, but don't forget my personal favorite, Mordant's Need.

~MsMary~ <i></i>

Post subject: whatever
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:03 pm 
Pilot

Hey we are almost all here now .. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Present and accounted for, sir
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:21 am 
Master Pilot

One more SRD fanatic signing in...we really are going to take over your site, danlo!

~Foamy~ <i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next