Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: "You are mine!" Teeing off on ol' Lord Foul!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:46 am 
Master Pilot

I figured we need some more TC threads here, so it's high time we bash and/or praise TC's nemesis, TC's alter ego (?), the Land's enemy: Lord Foul. Creator's brother? Misunderstood ? READY! on the count of 3: 1, 2,..... The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/15/02 9:53:18 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: "You are mine!" Teeing off on ol' Lord Foul!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:00 pm 
Master Pilot

Thank God! Not only a new thread on this forum, but its a "I hate LF" one!
First off, I dont buy this whole "Covenant LF one in the same thing". It just doesnt work for me. Can anyone defend that theory for me? Anyone help me bash it?
Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:15 am 
Master Pilot

Yes I hate that theory too .. I hate it when people raise this suggestion and I hate it when they argue it!! hahaha!!

and more than anything I hope its not true!! It seems crazy to me that TC has to battle himself .. and if it is himself that supports the notion that the Land is not real .. and I dont buy that either!! The Land is real!!!! .. absolutely!! and I think this is the best arguement I could come up with in the past few seconds which attacks the TC=LF equasion!

I will come back when I have thought longer and harder about these things .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:35 am 
Master Pilot

I'd rather have a good old fashioned gnarly--blood spitting nemesis than a bunch of "I'm in my own head psycho-babble anyday". But, there's much, much more 2 it than just that! So I will b back soon w/more!!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:41 pm 
Master Pilot

does an arch nemesis have to be an alter-ego?? Dr Who's nemesis was his alter-ego?? but it doesnt have to be that way does it?? I just checked the dictionary and I think I agree with myself on this point.

TC's nemesis LF is not himself .. and there be no psycho-babble going down here!! at least thats my assertion and I'm sticking to it!!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:57 pm 
Master Pilot

I hope SRD is above such stupid theories and ideas.... Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:25 pm 
Master Pilot

No doesn't have to be an alter-ego at all! That's just what some of the speculation hints towards--It kinda goes back to what my best friend in Santa Fe said about the Chrons, w/out ever reading them: "Isn't it about a guy who lives in his own personal hell and then finds out he really is in Hell?"

While I definately disagree w/that it does bring up the point of one of Dante's 7 Hells, or 7 circles of Hell, being in one's own mind. In otherwords is TC experiencing this all in his head and is LF his dark side? Is it all really a bad dream? Is God or the Cosmos totally messing w/him? If the Arch of Time is broken will it all just go away? They warned TC of these kinds of dreams and suicidal thinking @ the Leprosarium. Again I think it's just a bunch of psychological hogwash.

Everybody wants to overanalyize everything nowadays, and overreact to the simplest insinuation. I perfer just to view LF as TC's Arch-Nemesis until SRD proves me wrong...:dri The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/30/06 5:00 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:52 pm 
Master Pilot

I agree wholeheartedly! Tell your friend he should read the Chronicles...theyre so much more... Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape<i>Edited by: mhoram6910 at: 9/20/02 5:21:39 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:02 am 
Master Pilot

well this must be a first!! .. a historical moment!! .. we have each reached a consensus on the same point!!!!

hahaha!! .. I never thought it possilbe!!

on this we are of one mind!!!

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:32 pm 
Master Pilot

What are you saying Sky? That we argue a lot?? lol Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:22 am 
Master Pilot

nay .. nay m'Lord .. we are constantly engaged in high debate .. till now .. we are agree .. and alas there is no debate!!!

.. haha .. lol .. I almost feel inclined to assume the role of devils advocate to remedy this situation! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:08 am 
Master Pilot

Just finished TPTP - LF is definitely NOT TC's alter ego. I love the way he does him in with love & laughter. You don't exist, but you matter, I don't like you, but I'm sad you hate so much...Very cool ending - it's been too long since I've read it. As LM would say "onward & upward" to the 2nd Chrons!!! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:02 pm 
Master Pilot

LOL

BTW, just curious, where did you come up w/the name Earthblood? The planet he saw appeared to have continents that looked surprisingly like Northern Europe and North America. Ransom realized it was Earth he was seeing-Thulcandra, the Silent Planet <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:24 pm 
Master Pilot

From The Illearth War, perhaps? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Right on Danlo - you know LM - Earthpower in liquid form!!

*earthy steers clear of certain unsavory connotations relating to a certain high lord.....* <i></i>