Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: "You are mine!" Teeing off on ol' Lord Foul!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:41 pm 
Pilot

There is too much love in TC for them to be one in the same. LF is not TC's alter ego. Even though TC acts in ways that we, as readers, do not want to see, he still is a person with very deep feelings and simply, he cares.. He cares about those he loves and he falls in love with the Land and the people of the Land. His hate is only for himself and for LF. <i></i>

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:06 pm 
Master Pilot

i think you've hit the nail on the head caamora .. the existence of love distinguishes Foul from TC .. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:54 pm 
Master Pilot

I think saying LF is a part of TC is missing the point. The Despiser isn't a part of TC any more (or any less?) than Mhoram is. The point is, we are all capable of despite and despair, and in that sense, Foul is a part of all of us. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:10 pm 
Master Pilot

mmm perceptive .. that is the point from SRD's pov i am sure .. that TC is no more susceptible to 'despite' than anyone else .. we are all fallible and faced with the same circumstances there is no saying how we would react in TC's position .. yet there would clearly be variables .. as that which distinguishes Foul from TC .. Joan from TC .. and anyone else .. 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:51 pm 
Pilot

I'm not sure how valid a comment this is, nor that it is anywhere near deeply-considered enough to be a proper response to your points, Danlo, but this is my first thought on the matter. With regards to addiction, I can see that perhaps TC has something of an addiction to LF himself; in the 'real' world, TC is locked in a situation of almost treading water with his disease, striving all the time just to stop things getting worse. But in the Land, he has something to fight, he has a definable enemy to oppose, rather than the faceless assault of leprosy. I want to say more, but I need to consider further. <|[[[[{<i></i>