[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - The "Other" Lords

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The "Other" Lords
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:54 am 
Lady Scryer

I love Lord Mhoram, as do many TCTC fans, but what do you think of the "other" Lords? Any particularly strong likes or dislikes for any of them?
I'm always been pretty fond of High Lord Prothall and Lord Hyrim has always seemed like a pretty cool guy...and the story of Shetra and Verement is heartbreaking. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/6/03 11:41 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: The "Other" Lords
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:49 am 
Master Pilot

I always thought Osondrea seemed like a pretty strong character in LFB - pity he couldn't have developed the character a little more, she wasn't in the book for long. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: The "Other" Lords
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:26 pm 
Master Pilot

Osondrea sounded interesting from what we saw of her, and what Hile Troy said I got more interested..too bad she died!

I liked Prothall, that's why I try not to be able to buy the Kasreyn theory, sorry Danlo Hyrim was pretty cool, too. Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: High Lords
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:26 pm 
Master Pilot

We r given, somewhat, the backgound of certian High Lords such as Berek and Kevin and r given snippets in2 the tenures of Loric and Damelon...I was browsing through the Glossary and ran across another High Lord named Vailant...what do we kno, if anything about this guy? Where does he fit in2 the order of High Lords? The old order (lineage)goes like this right?:
Berek
Damelon
Loric
Kevin

Valiant was, what, pre-Prothall in the new order?

so does the new order (elected) go like this?:
Vailant
Prothall
Osondrea
Elena
Mhoram

Am I missing any other High Lords? Was there any HL b4 Vailant? If not what do u remember about how Vailant founded the the "New" Lords? And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/12/03 12:28 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: High Lords
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:37 pm 
Master Pilot

No, more like this Danlo...(btw, I looked in my LFB glossary, this is not all guesses!)
Vailant
? (not sure who is in between Vailant and the next guy..)
Variol (LM's Dad)
? (there may have been another high lord here?)
Prothall
Osondrea
Elena
Mhoram Further up, and further in!

"But Daddy, I want an oompa-loompa!!"-Cersei Lannister <i></i>

Post subject: Lords
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:44 pm 
Master Pilot

Good catch mhoram---but what about Vailant and the founding of the New Lords?

running list of Lords:
serving w/Kevin:
well, Foul, as a Lord

serving w/Prothall:
Mhoram son of Variol
Variol Tamarantha-mate son of Pentil
Tamarantha Variol-mate
Osendrea daughter of Sondrea

serving w/Elena:
Amatin daughter of Matin
Callindrill Faer-mate
Hyrim son of Hoole
Loerya Trevor-mate
Trevor Loerya-mate
Shetra Verement-mate
Verement Shetra-mate

<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/12/03 2:53 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Lords
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:32 pm 
Master Pilot

If I recall correctly, Prothall just casually mentioned Valiant in LFB. I can't remember the name of the Lord who founded the New Lords was ever mentioned... Further up, and further in!

"But Daddy, I want an oompa-loompa!!"-Cersei Lannister <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:33 pm 
Lady Scryer

I don't think it was ever mentioned...and how long did this happen before TC came to the Land? Though of course, given the longer lifespans of Lords, it might be hard to count "Lord generations" in the years between the founding of the new council and TC's arrival... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:14 am 
Master Pilot

There is only the reference in TPTP in Foul's thronehall to "a score of men and women whom Covenant had never met, never heard named." to give an approximate number of New High Lords. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:26 pm 
Master Pilot

So it does indicate that there were a bunch of High Lords b4 Valiant? WOW! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:56 am 
Lady Scryer

I have never though of that, Damelon, but you are right...he doesn't see any of the regular Lords that he knew and had died like Hyrim, Callindrill, Verement, or Shetra. The only ones named are High Lords...but they include Berek, and I would imagine also Damelon, Loric, etc. Therefore, somewhere around twenty High Lords total for both new and old? Now if we only knew how long the average New High Lord lived, we might be able to make a guess at how many years have taken place since the Council was refounded and the events of TPTP...about 16 Lord generations? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:04 pm 
Master Pilot

The Old Lords were named by name in the throne hall passage. Damelon and Loric were standing beside Kevin in the thone hall. Covenant knew "instinctively" who they were. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:13 am 
Lady Scryer

I am SO looking forward to the history of the Land in the Third Chronicles! I have so many questions about the Lords, both Old and New... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Post subject: Other Lords
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:29 pm 
Pilot

Vailant was mentioned as being the first High Lord to surrender the post while still serving on the Council. Prothal mentions him when he tries to get TC to become High Lord.

I loved all the other Lords and I always wanted to get to know them better. That's why I love Gilden-Fire and why my favourite chapters of TPTP are Variol-son, Siege, The Ritual of Desecration, and Lord Mhoram's Victory.

Sum sui generis
Vs <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Other Lords
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:44 am 
Master Pilot

Beautiful VS! ...btw I fixed ur membership status...the next time u log in u should be ok, but log in ok? *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>