Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Elohimfest Planning Thread :)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:57 pm 
Lady Scryer

I would also think that an autograph session would be more convenient for him by far than being approached at random times throughout the afternoon. Good thinking. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

In just two weeks from the time I am typing Damelon will be here. (as a matter of fact, right now we will probably be sitting in a nice restaurant in Greektown in Detroit waiting for flaming cheese before heading to the theater).

So hopefully we will be able to find time to look at the AAA books and decide upon hotels for the Midwestern caravan.... ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:56 pm 
Master Pilot

This is my post at the Watch 3 days ago:

Here's more fantastic news--but hold on I have 2 get permission from SRD 1st!-I'm emailing him 2mrrw 2 get the yes or no on recording him.

My buddy, Black Forest, has agreed 2 videotape, edit, process and site-host SRD's talk at (hopefully) Ranchos de Corrales. Once done the dinner/talk would be available on a site for download or transfer to media player. This would take about 24 hours after June 26th to be available.

Now don't get all sad: there r more advantages than disadvantages to this--1st of all he's doing it 4 absolutely FREE!!! 2nd since he's taping it not only can he edit it but can pan to the Elohimfesters asking questions as well. 3rd of all it won't require special facilities, which the restaurant doesn't have, so we won't all have to move with SRD to another location. 4th live streaming video is subject 2 breakup and may not be viewable to people without the proper software and bandwidths--it also requires special equiptment and facilities.

So IF SRD approves every1 can see it in great quality w/little or no hassle-24+hours later. Forrest also said he will talk to Vain about links from Watch to hosting site and any other pesky technical details...

I sent the email on the 29th...
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

Post subject: PUBLISHER!!! And email reply!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:43 pm 
Master Pilot

my email:
Hi Steve,
Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying the holidays. One quick question. During our dinner/talk on June 26th would it be ok for a single individual to a digital taping of you (and us)? My best friend from Santa Fe, who's a comp-whiz, would do the filming, editing and will privately host the recording for about two weeks. It would be available for download to members of Kevin's Watch.com only. He can easily make you a copy, if you so desire. Thanks for your consideration.

SRD's reply:

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: Elohimfest

(danlo)--

There's a lot going on. I now have a publisher for "The Last Chronicles": Putnam/Berkeley. They want to publish this fall. And they are already after me hammer and tongs to put up an official Stephen R. Donaldson website. I'm just in the "toying with ideas" phase, but I would like to involve Kevin's Watch.com in some way. Perhaps if your Santa Fe friend edits together a good interview, I could redirect people from my site to yours in order to see it? Let me know if something like this is possible--not to mention desirable. But in the meantime, sure, why not? let's do a taping from Elohimfest.

--Steve

Stephen R. Donaldson

"This life is a test. It is only a test. If this were an
actual life, you would have been given better instructions."
--anonymous bathroom graffiti

my reply:
Directing people from your site to the Elohimfest taping would be no problem! And thanks! If there is anyway I or anyone from Kevins Watch can help with contributing to your website please let us know--you would probably have to talk to Jay--but I'm sure KW Discussions would be honored to be the official message board for your site!
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/3/04 3:07 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: PUBLISHER!!! And email reply!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:30 am 
Master Pilot

Incredible! Thanks, danlo. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:37 am 
Master Pilot

Danlo - you absolutely rock! I have got to get myself a ticket to th gathering..... Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:45 am 
Lady Scryer

I sure hope you can come Earthy -- I think it will be wonderful! ******************************************************

<i></i>

Post subject: Elohimfest
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:10 am 
Pilot

Is the costume party still happening? What night?

I will be driving back to Arizona on Monday. Which way are you guys going? I just might tag along. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Elohimfest
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 am 
Lady Scryer

I think we were hoping to have costumes (and slow dancing for Fist and Faith ) on Sunday night.
Some of us will be heading out to Arizona on Monday. We will be visiting Meteor Crater and then spending Monday night at the Grand Canyon. I think Damelon will be heading down to the Phoenix area on Tuesday, my family and Danlo and his Lady and possibly some others will head to Petrified Forest National Park and then Canyon de Chelly, spending Tuesday night there, and eventually heading back to Albuquerque sometime Wednesday. I was planning on leaving Albuquerque and heading home on Saturday (visiting family in Tennessee on the way back). My husband wanted to try to get a bit more time in Santa Fe and/or the high Rockies near Taos...I wanted a bit of time to rest before the long drive home...hence the extra days in New Mexico. We will see... ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:54 pm 
Pilot

Ok. Cool about the costume party. I always wanted to sew a really cool costume.

You know, I just might join you. If Damelon is going to Phoenix, he will be going my way. Have you made reservations for Grand Canyon yet? <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:56 pm 
Lady Scryer

We do have reservations, for the Maswick Lodge, which is about 1/4 mile from the Rim, if I am remembering correctly.It is the most reasonably priced of the properties in the National Park itself... We hope to see sunset and sunrise and moonrise as well....if the motel and cabins are full, please contact Danlo. I reserved a cabin for the use of he and his Lady, (as a gift to them for hosting all of us ) but that cabin does have two beds, so as long as all of you don't mind sharing ...there might still be rooms there, though...there are six months to go before Elohimfest, so perhaps there are still rooms or cabins left.
Somewhere in the big Elohimfest thread at the Watch there is a link to the website for reservations, which will also tell you if there are any accomadations left at that property. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:35 am 
Master Pilot

Caamora, I plan drive down to Mesa to visit friends on Tuesday after a night at the Grand Canyon. So if you are coming out for our side trip, it is on my way. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:52 am 
Pilot

Actually, Damelon, that is very close to me. I live in Chandler. Sounds good.

Now all I have to do is find the link Duchess is talking about! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:05 am 
Pilot

Looked it up and there is a Maswick Lodge North and a Maswick Lodge South. Which one is it? <i></i>

Post subject: Elohimfest Planning Thread :)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:21 am 
Lady Scryer

I think they are in a little complex near each other, and surrounded by the cabins. I think you should be fine either way, Lady Caam. We should all be within an easy walk of each other, and of the Canyon. <i></i>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next