Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Elohimfest Planning Thread :)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:52 am 
Lady Scryer

OK, my friends! My countrymen! My fellow pilots!
Elohimfest is coming soon!! Let's see if we can nail stuff down and do a serious idea exchange!

This is what I've cobbled together so far from here, the Watch, and lots and lots and lots of chatroom and IM coversations...

Friday, June 25, 2004

Saturday, June 26, 2004
But what will we do with Mr. Donaldson when we have him? Ask him questions? Ask for a reading?
And does anyone have the technical know-how to implement Lord Sky's suggestion of webcams or the like for people who cannot attend?
any other ideas out there?

Sunday, June 27, 2004
swimming in the hot springs
shopping for Native American art in nearby pueblos
visiting a lush volcanic valley described as Andelain...

many people have suggested having some sort of costume party -- Damelon had another great suggestion, that being we have this at Sunday dinner as there are no current plans for this last group meal...
costumes from the Land, Mordant, or the Gap would all work

Monday, June 28, 2004
seeing sunset and sunrise over the Canyon together will be one of the highlights of our lives

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

it has been suggested that some of us visit Petrified Forest and Canyon de Chelly, spending the night at Canyon de Chelly and returning to Albuquerque on Wednesday afternoon or everning, after visiting Acoma or El Malpais on the return drive, but no details have been worked out yet...

Canyon de Chelly is the home of the rock formation called Spider Rock, which looks so much like Kevin's Watch...

Anyway, if you have ideas, please contribute them!!!!

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 9/12/03 12:56 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: The Elohimfest Planning Thread :)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:01 pm 
Lady Scryer

I knew that typing this at 3AM might not have been the best of ideas...
Lady Caam was asking for gift/plaque ideas for Mr. Donaldson and also for ideas for Mr. George Martin if he decides to attend...
See how easy it is to forget things that early in the morning?
Now what else have I forgotten? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:13 am 
Master Pilot

Oh, this sounds like it is going to be so fantastic. I really hope things work for us, and I will be able to attend. I think all the ideas are really great so far. "And the glory of the world becomes less than it was."<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:00 am 
Lady Scryer

I have decided to go with some sort of Renaissance style gown for the costume party. It would fit Mordant's fairy tale setting, and I can also wear it for Halloween parties and to the Michigan Renaissance Festival every year...Michigan Renaissance Festival
Those of you who are Lords are lucky...just find a robe and a staff and sandals and you'll be all set...Unfettered One costumes would probably also be pretty simple... and Bloodguard, too, for that matter! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:37 am 
Master Pilot

Not any old robe will do. The robe has to be blue for a lord, Duchess <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:10 am 
Pilot

Agreed! Now I will have to think about a costume to wear!

Anyone with ideas about plaques for SRD and GRRM, post them here. I'm thinking of something fun - like for SRD, Most Popular Unbeliever. Something funny along those lines. You guys are more creative than I! I can't even think of anything for GRRM. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:42 am 
Lady Scryer

Father of Dragons? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:34 pm 
Lady Scryer

There are all sorts of fantasy costumes here:www.renstore.com

and if you do a google search for Renaissance Costumes all sorts of other sites with costumes and/or patterns (for anyone who knows how to sew) come right up, too Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:34 am 
Master Pilot

The odds are slim for an 'Earthy' sighting at Elohimfest, but should he show, I was thinking of possibly trying to match my Av pic (wizard actually resembles me...a little...) or maybe a woodhelvinin(?)..or maybe I'll go as Vain - go nude & paint my whole body black!! (That would scare the crap out of everyone, especially our honored guests!!) Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:44 am 
Lady Scryer

well, Earthy, if you are looking for a costume, remember that you can always go as TC (or LA, for the girld reading this thread), and wear sturdy blue jeans, hiking boots, and a t-shirt... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:13 pm 
Lady Scryer

My costume came today. I am happy with it!
I will first wear it at the community Halloween party next month for children, which my husband volunteered my services for. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:42 pm 
Lady Scryer

A couple of people asked, and yes, my costume did come through that website I put up the link to. If you go under wonen's gowns, look for the one called the Guenevere...I got it in burgundy and black...
I'll get to wear it next month for the community Halloween party. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:35 pm 
Master Pilot

Hey Duchess! I was looking at that site you put up and the wizards robe in blue would be a perfect Lord's robe. So, I might go with that.

Would have to sash it somehow tho, or it would just hang on me..LOL!!

This is gonna be great!! "And the glory of the world becomes less than it was."<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:56 pm 
Lady Scryer

Sounds great, Furls! What I like about that site is they make real clothing out of real cloth, much of it machine washable. A lot of the Halloween costumes they have at the store are not made with durable materials... I know my kids can get one wear out of most of them...this way I can keep my costume for years...

Most people sound as if they will be arriving in Albuquerque on Friday, June 25, and leaving Monday, June 28. I just wanted to remind everyone that some of us will be heading to Arizona as a group, and all attending Elohimfest are are welcome to join us...on Monday June 28, we will be staying at Maswick Lodge at the Grand Canyon Village on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. On Tuesday, June 29 we will be moving on to Canyon de Chelly National Monument to see the real world Kevin's Watch, called Spider Rock, a very sacred place to the Navajo people, associated with their spider goddess, a very benevolent being. Some of us will be at the Holiday Inn at Chinle, Arizona that night -- there is also a Best Western in Chinle... Both of the National Parks have camping, of course, though I suspect you might have to have a camping reservation at the Grand Canyon...the rustic cabins at Maswick Lodge at the Grand Canyon are quite reasonably priced, as well...right now some of us have cabins reserved and others have rooms in the Lodge itself.
And if you have not experienced it, sunrise over the Grand Canyon is not to be believed. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:55 pm 
Pilot

Would it be too forward you think to ask for some sort of autograph session? I was thinking the other day that might be less of a nuisance for him than having people wander up to him at all different times. Be still heart

Hold peace

There is also love in the world.<i></i>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next