Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drinny has appeared!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:06 am 
Lady Scryer

Unfortunately, there's a bit more to go in the book and we've ground to a halt again. I am glad that SRD gave us an answer to the Joan controversy!! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Drinny has appeared!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:38 pm 
Lady Scryer

Danlo has begun the discussion of the last two chapters of LFB! We are almost done...time to start thinking about The Illearth War and Gildenfire! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:02 am 
Pilot

I'm dying for the discussions to resume. I have yet to locate Gildenfire. However, it must be difficult to do the SRD book reads when you are doing the Martin book reads at the same time. <i></i>

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

It is, but sonce they are two of my favorite writers, I am sucking in my gut and making the sacrifice! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject: I just initiated the Illearth War on the Watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:45 pm 
Master Pilot

The 1st "Dissection" of The Illearth War will begin April 16th, I just put up the sign-up list! Sign up 4 the Gilden-Fire Dissection as well! Did u kno that I had NO idea I was that 4rum's moderator until just last night? And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: I just initiated the Illearth War on the Watch!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:50 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yes, you were rather freaked out by that in the chatroom last night, Little Fellow! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Post subject: the Illearth War's Schedule!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:58 am 
Master Pilot

(Fist & Faith and birdandbear are doing Gilden-Fire which began May 11th)
The Illearth War, Part 1, Revelstone,
Apr 16th-Chapters 1 and 2 (The Dreams of Men/Halfhand): pitchwife Apr 23rd-3 & 4 (The Summoning/May Be Lost): Vain
Apr 30th-5 & 6 (Dukka/The High Lord): caamora
May 7th-7 & 8 (Korik's Mission [insert GF!]/Lord Kevin's Lament): danlo
May 14th-9 & 10 (Glimmermere/Seer and Oracle): Damelon

Then begins Part 2, The Warmark
May 21st-11 & 12 (War Council/Forth to War): Mhoram
May 28th-13 & 14 (The Rock Gardens of the Maerl/Runnik's Tale): fightingmyinstincts
June 4th-15 & 16 (Revelwood/Forced March): Turiya Foul
June 11th-17 & 18 (Tull's Tale/Doom's Retreat):
June 18th-19 & 20 (The Ruins of the Southron Wastes/Garroting Deep):

Then begins Part 3, The Blood of the Earth
June 25th-21 & 22 (Lena's Daughter/Anundivian Yajna): Smin
July 2nd-23 & 24 (Knowledge/Descent to Earthroot):
July 9th-25 & 26 (The Seventh Ward/Gallows Howe): Earthblood
July 16th-27 (Leper & General Wrap-up):
And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/13/03 6:45:11 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: the Illearth War's Schedule!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:50 am 
Master Pilot

Yay!!! Revelwood and Forced March are two of my favorite chapters! <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:26 pm 
Master Pilot

The Watch is down right now so I can't update the schedule, but I'll say this: Earthblood & Smin r doing different chapters and FMI has just been added. Creator willing, I'm going 2 attempt 2 finish my opus on "Lord Kevin's Lament" today. It's broken in2 3 parts; part 1: Covenant, part 2: Amok and part 3 will be: Troy.

Lord Pilot Highdrake, who is known as Fist & Faith on the Watch, has just completed a stunning intro 2 Gilden-Fire w/some incredible research on the Haruchai from GF and all 6 books. Dissecting the Land is fast bcoming 1 of the most outstanding discussion 4rums on the net...and I will b putting some plugs 4 it on a # of other Boards 2day. LFB was a very good start and TIW is now looking so damm good I really feel that we should consider making the Dissections in2 an e-book or a companion reader once this huge endevour is completed...@ least once the first 3 books r done...

I'll update the schedule asap--on Wednesday our very own Lord Pilot Damelon will lead chapts 9 & 10, the very controversial Glimmermere & Seer & Oracle. In TIW SRD really elevates the Chronicles 2 such an amazing level and I'm byond xicted about the interest, response and the excellent job our gallant voluteers r doing...watch out 4 this guy tho... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/12/03 10:30:47 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:40 am 
Lady Scryer

You and Highdrake are doing an amazing job on your chapters and on Gildenfire, Danlo ! Damelon has two very tought acts to follow! If anyone can do it, though, he can!
I am very intrigued by your idea of an ebook. Mhoram and I have discussed the fact that there are great reference books to Tolkien and to Zelazny's Amber, but nothing for Donaldson other than the Atlas of the Land. I think we have the core to a great companion/guide right there at the Watch. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:33 pm 
Master Pilot

Dutchess, you are right - I have a tough act to follow! The summaries by Danlo and Highdrake are incredible! The knowledge and passion they have for the subject are amazing! The bar has been set high, but I will follow as best I can.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:51 pm 
Master Pilot

Fall far and well pilot! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:49 pm 
Master Pilot

Bad news guys. I won't be able to do my chapters in TIW. Waahh!!! I have to go to Georgia and help my Nana move. Argh... "Molly is not afraid." Alf's voice was cold. "Molly is excited. She thinks that she will have me when I am done with you. She is a fool. I do not fornicate with animals."<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:31 am 
Master Pilot

Damm 1st mhoram can't find hid book and now this--I'm in trubbl... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:58 am 
Lady Scryer

Which chapters are open now? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next