Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:26 am 
Master Pilot

Duchess just posted the Chapt. 11 lead--the read is moving now! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:24 pm 
Lady Scryer

I will try to get up 12 (and maybe 13) as soon as I get back from Chicago...but if anyone wants to beat me to it, I surely won't complain. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject: Chapter 13!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:22 pm 
Pilot

After a short lull while we all recovered from the stunning news of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, a synopsis of the first part of MOHD Chapter 13: Folly in Good Faith has just been posted at the Watch! Check it out! Out flew the web and floated wide;
The mirror crack'd from side to side;
"The curse is come upon me," cried
The Lady of Shalott.

<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Chapter 13!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:29 pm 
Master Pilot

Thank u so much M'Lady! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:37 am 
Lady Scryer

We've paused for the holidays...Danlo, when would you like to restart the group read? ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:10 am 
Master Pilot

I've got to post on chap 20 of TWL and I owe you guys a chapter in MN - I will try to get it put up sometime soon. Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:21 am 
Master Pilot

The Mordant's Need Group Reads have just been granted their own specific forum called "Casting the Augury" at Kevin's Watch!!! We will begin a massive restart of the chapter by chapter disscusions by February 14th! (I kno how romantic... ) Our goal is 2 finish The Mirror of Her Dreams by Elohimfest (the end of June)! Join us! Look 4 for coming announcements here, on danlo's universe and in ur Hangar newsletter! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:52 am 
Lady Scryer

I am glad the group read has restarted. I first read those two books back when they were published...I am enjoying the group read a lot, and it is fun to read them with other people and get their insights.
I would really like to get the first book group read finished by June, and will read the second on my own, so I can get it done by the time I meet the author, too. ******************************************************

<i></i>

Post subject: Mordant's Need and Casting the Augury
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:14 pm 
Master Pilot

Things are hoping over in Orison! We've got some very interesting new posters in Mordant's Need Discussion and dANdeLION has become my co-moderator in Casting the Augury-MN group reads-we've got alot of the chapters to the 1st book assigned but there's still room for you if you'd like to help.

I'm in the process of getting the word out on this major new push by any means available: PMing the loyal posters, announcements on my homepage, Ahira's Hangar Newsletter and on the SRD forum there. I'll aslo make a Group reads topic in Announcements here!

We are already trying to convince a couple of folks to reread Mordant's Need. It's time for you to too! Come on u read them a while back...join in! And even if u don't remember then go to MN discussions to refresh your memory or just get silly!-danlo *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Mordant's Need and Casting the Augury
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:02 am 
Lady Scryer

The group read has been great -- I hope more people will join in to give us their insites! ******************************************************

<i></i>