Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elohimfest
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:23 pm 
Master Pilot

then all you need to agree on is a date .. worry about a venue a little later .. 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:32 pm 
Master Pilot

mmm .. thinking more on these things ...

re: the venue .. have you thought of canvassing who will really be interested in attending .. and plotting those interested on a map ..

then maybe ... choosing a venue that is central to all those who want to attend.

Most people are gonna have to travel .. so why not go for the most central location? .. and canvass who's interested and or capable of hosting a bbq from that location .. [costs to be shared!]

As far as costs involved may go .. we can investigate the cost of accomodation .. and a venue .. and food .. form an estimate and secure deposits

..or .. even better the acquire the total shared cost from those interested [sorts the 'definites' .. from the just really interested in theory but not in reality participants] .. then whoever is organising can do so .. without the fear of being out of pocket .. and it secures a definite plan. 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:50 am 
Pilot

Duchess - You seem to be the one who knows most about this getting together stuff!

I agree with everyone. The simpler, the better. We must learn to walk before we can run! Maybe starting small is the best way to start out. Then, we can turn this into an annual event! I think we should keep it at or near Danlo's. It is closest to SRD.

Even if SRD is booked up this summer, that doesn't mean that we can't get him at some future date!

So let's set a date! Danlo - does it need to be in June? How about in May? How about over Memorial Day weekend? That is May 24, 25, 26. Or earlier in May. That way it wouldn't be too hot in the desert! June may not work. In the beginning of June, school is still in (for those of us who have children) and then you have Father's Day on the 15th. If you wanted to get together in June, it would have to be late June and then you have 4th of July right around the corner.

It's something to think about! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:40 am 
Master Pilot

Hmmm... What will I wear? What does a Raver who possessed her former master need to wear? Maybe my last year's Halloween outfit- Black, hooded robes and for sure, pants. Maybe my Raver contacts too. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:21 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm starting 2, seriously, think about Elohimfest 4 May '04 (SRD's birthmonth) I wish I could win the lottery, fly u guys in, and do it up bigtime! But u never kno, stanger things have happened! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

The problem with May is that those of us without kids wouldn't be able to come...but how many people would that affect anyway?? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:16 pm 
Master Pilot

Ok June then I just sotra want 2 keep it away from Bubonicon--the big/little SciFi/Fantasy con we have here every Aug. Or we could do it in conjuction w/Bubonicon. We could have Elohimfest 1 day then all go 2 the con the next! hmmmm... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:48 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, again, school starts back up in August. My kids get out around June 10-12 most years, back in third around third week of August. When is Bubicon? Early August might be doable for people with kids in school? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:11 pm 
Master Pilot

With any luck, I'll be near (San Diego, maybe) and can make it. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:46 am 
Lady Scryer

I'm bumping this up, as Damelon and Highdrake both seemed pretty interested at the Saturday night chat... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Bubicon???
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:47 am 
Lady Scryer

Now that SRD is the featured speaker at Bubicon, are you still going to have this, Danlo? Or maybe change it to a get-together at your house and everyone-goes-to-Bubicon-together-in-Kevinswatch-shirts thing? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: hi.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:59 pm 
Pilot

My husband and I (and maybe the kids) are already planning a camping trip this summer, probably in Colorado. I haven't been out of the city in 2 1/2 years. I am hellbent on getting in some nature time this year! You're between us and Colorado. Are there any good camping spots near you? Y'all got any mountains??? I must see mountains!!! I've never been to NM even though it's right next door. We're camping nuts who don't get to go very often, besides, a tent is likely all we'll be able to afford. A group camping trip/convention thing sounds far out doesn't it? Be still heart

Hold peace

There is also love in the world.<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:11 am 
Master Pilot

I havn't camped out since I was a teenager. I'll visit you at the campground, but I'd rather find a room with a shower nearby. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:41 pm 
Lady Scryer

danlo, any word on this or bubicon? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject: Major Update!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:14 pm 
Master Pilot

Folks! It really looks like Elohimfest is going 2 become a reality!!! We have 10 folks already committed 2 come 2 Albq. NM the weekend of June 26-27, 2004, so far the majority have xpressed interest in staying at the Barcelona Court (u can find info and a phone # by googling: Barcelona Court in New Mexico).

We r taking a field trip that Sunday morning through Corrales (SRD's hometown) to the Jemez Mountians. There is beautifuful red-rock in San Diego Canyon, hot springs and the sulphiric Soda Dam (not 2 mention the amazing Battleship Rock). Near Redondo Peak is the Valle Grande which looks like Andelian--a huge caldera, bowl, that is xtremly fertile and the remant of 1 of the biggest volcanic eruptions on the face of the earth. From there we go on 2 Los Alamos (birthplace of the A-bomb) and will explore the ruins at Bandelier (see Duchess' posts in The Farvashi District/Native American...4 much better detail).

Then we have the option of checking out Santa Fe which is right near by. We're going 2 try 2 reserve a park for the Elohimfest itself..depending on the # of folks attending. And I'm going 2 personally invite SRD and give him a fancy invitation at Bubonicon in 2 weeks. (and George Martin). I will pick folks up at the airport and train station. We will work 2 post other info on hotels (and the url 4 Barcelona Court) plane fares etc.. here. We will also transfer this info 2 Kevin's Watch.

U can find some more info on this in some of the latest posts in Snowy Owl chat/The Master Pilot's Bar, as well...

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/5/03 9:53 am
</i>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next