Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elohimfest
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:56 am 
Master Pilot

yas dont need money or nothing ..

just make a date!! .. the venue .. and go!!

BYO everything .. and have a sleep over!! or not .. just do it!

ok lets make a date and a venue!! is it gonna be at danlo's place?? or someone elses??

my place is open anytime to y'all .. but ya might think it a bit far .. :( whatever health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:02 am 
Master Pilot

caamora just joined the planning commitee!!! Who else is in? Email me!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: hi.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:17 am 
Lady Scryer

How big is your yard? Room for a big party tent like a wedding? We don't have to think big, small could work, too. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: hi.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:21 am 
Master Pilot

exactly now youre cooking!!

2 GREATEST WORDS .. (JUST) .. DO IT health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:23 am 
Lady Scryer

But what costume could I wear?? Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:35 pm 
Master Pilot

We should have it at Danlo's because a)it was his idea b)SRD lives in NM c)...... Hello, and good-bye, as always.

Further up, and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:35 am 
Pilot

How about having it at a park nearby Danlo's house? The options are endless. If we can get a committee together, we could all put our heads together. I mean, someone must know a person who works with the airlines. Someone else may know a person who works for a hotel chain.

It's called "networking," folks!

Think positively and it will happen!

It will be one heck of a party! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:30 am 
Master Pilot

I'll do what I can .. I dont know no airline officianados but .. or anyone influential or anything .. but I can encourage the heck out of ya's all!

DO IT!!

We can do it!! .. and do it right!! 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:12 am 
Lady Scryer

I think that your first step would be to settle on a range of dates and run them by Donaldson's agent (or whomever he uses to make his schedule) to find out when he's available, and if he would charge a fee or anything. If you look at George R.R. Martin's website, he's being booked for conferences and what have you on into 2005!
If you can come to an arrangement with Donaldson's agent, I think that the rest would flow naturally from there.
Yes, a park with a shelter and a bunch of picnic tables would be great! Maybe pizza/cold pop or a group barbecue after? It shouldn't be too expensive if everyone attending throws in a few bucks towards shelter rental and pizza/pop/food/beverages.
I've had to plan my share of family reunions for both mine and my husband's families, and the hardest thing is always coming up with an acceptable date. After that, it's pretty easy.
Maybe Jay could even design a special shirt for you at the Kevinswatch store?? At one of the family reunions I did I got white t-shirts with a simple design (family name, date of reunion, map of state where reunion was held) and we all tie-dyed them together as a group activity. It was a blast!
Incidentally, I don't think I can come, my job is very strange about vacation scheduling, but thought I'd throw in my two cents anyway since I've had to plan/help plan all of those reunions.

Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire

Post subject: Let's Go!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:58 pm 
Master Pilot

I don't know what you said mhoram, but somehow u got this thing moving! My backyard is 1/2 a football field, no prob 2 put up a big tent! Duchess is right we need 2 invite SRD now! I'll look in2 it over the weekend...Didn't some1 leave a Del Rey or publishers address on KW? Doesn't Mouseglove kno SRD's son or something, perhaps we could talk him in2 passing along an invitation through that route as well...2 invasive? And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/3/03 6:17:07 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Let's Go!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:39 pm 
Lady Scryer

If you do it in the summer Danlo, make sure that you get an inexhaustible supply of water guns and other fun inexpensive toys that people can play with to cool down with! Desert. Hot.
Northerners might dehydrate and faint on you! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:45 pm 
Master Pilot

You mock us! Hello, and good-bye, as always.

Further up, and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:53 pm 
Lady Scryer

No, I'd never mock YOU. Well, maybe tease a bit here and there. If anything, I mock myself...
It's just that the last reunion (I only planned the anniversary party part for that one, not the entire thing) was in June in Utah, and people were wilting. I was one. My sis nearly drove me to the hospital in St. George because, well, let's not go there, OK? I just don't want Danlo to run into similar problems with HIS guests!
The desert heat is something, if you're not used to it, my fellow Northerner! You think you're drinking enough water, but if you're outside and active, you might be in more need of water than you realize...and the next thing you know, you can't pee.
How about a good old water balloons fight, Danlo??
We girls just have to be sure not to wear those white Kevinswatch shirts! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 1/3/03 4:02:08 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:11 am 
Master Pilot

cool we can make you the Wedding Planner .. umm .. ooops I mean the Elohim Planner

jk ...

Its really up to you US guys .. but I thought you guys just wanted to organise a get-to-gether .. of sorts ..not a major convention type of happening ..

but either way ..if its planned it will happen..

For a simple get-to-gether .. which I would come to .. if I could .. a date .. a venue .. and go for it!!

ok if its an overnighter .. which on such a long distance trip it might be .. then .. a bbq .. everyone throwing in a couple of bucks for snags and steak or burgers ..

like you say .. throw a couple of bucks toward food .. and hey presto .. a great weekend .. keep it simple ..

If you wanna go big-time and invite speakers to like a mini-convention .. then you're talking real work .. not impossible .. but just work ..

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:40 pm 
Lady Scryer

Lord Sky is absolutely right -- the simpler the easier to keep things and costs under control. Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next