Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Elohimfest
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:22 pm 
Master Pilot

On Kevin's Watch I have proposed creating Elohimfest: A Convention/Celebration and get 2gether 4 all Donldson fans. I live close 2 S. R. Donaldson, in Albq. NM, and the idea is 2 either book a park from the city or find some low-cost meeting hall where we can gather and invite SRD 2 speak w/us! We have also discussed setting up comp-links 2 folks 2 far away 2 attend. I could probably put about 8 people up @ my house, and we r also planning a party!There is tons of interest @ Kevin's Watch and ur input is needed here, as well.Tho alot of folk wish it would happen this summer I feel we need 2 shoot 4 June of 2003 as all the planning and logistics will take some time. If u would like 2 help w/Elohimfest please email me or discuss how u would like 2 contribute here. Here is an excerpt of the planning discussions @ KW: Keep it up! It would probably take 1 or 2 years 2 set it up, anyway--like absolutely confirming guests, booking, way in advance, a nice suite type motel, researching and booking in advance low cost travel arrangements--possibly carpooling or sharing train fare, etc...field trips? (w/of course some clause stating that SRD's home or personal life should under no circumstances b in anyway infringed) setting up the phones/comps--renting space, and so on...if u feel u can assist me on some local level: u know where my email is or u can always pm me. I might b able 2 get some, cool/on the qt, local sponsors 2 help as well-like Page 1 Bookstore, some caterers I know. Possibly we could have a costume party as well--coming dressed a ur fav TCTC character--in that case I guess I would have 2 cover myself from head 2 toe in black tarpaper w/big metal braclets on 1 wrist and 1 ankle, @#%$ my arms at an angle and never say a word!
How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Elohimfest
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:10 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I have my Bannor's outfit all ready to go though I also own a Mhoram staff as well. Tough choice. I also have a white gold ring, but I refuse to cut any of my fingers off. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:44 pm 
Pilot

I guess I'd have to come as a shrub....

<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:51 pm 
Master Pilot

sorry--I had 2 delete my cookies (sounds like a personal prob! ) so my email could function properly--I will work on getting the new emoticons back up right now--apparently there's hungry! test ---well they're all back now--I had 2 reset changes in the images control--I had 2 @least connect 1 custom emoticon back 2 the hosting site!!Whew! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/27/02 5:00:11 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Id come as Mhoram, alas I live in Boston.....at least its home of the PATS!!! further up and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:26 pm 
Master Pilot

There is no <i> way</i> I'll be able to go to NM...especially since we just went to Utah this summer... :(

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:37 pm 
Master Pilot

We should plan it 4 next summer--but we need a planning committee! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:23 am 
Master Pilot

gee I will totally hate to miss it!! I would love to see aliantha in her shrub get-up!! Be worth the several thousand dollars in travel and accomodation expenses

I myself would have to come as a really big mountain peek! :

.. shouldn't be too hard .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:38 am 
Master Pilot

don't u dare bait me in2 another 8' tall peeping Tom joke!!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:37 pm 
Master Pilot

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:44 pm 
Master Pilot

So Danlo, is this thing happening or what? Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:29 am 
Master Pilot

yeah sure .. just make your way down to New Mexico and danlo will have dinner ready for yas all ..

I'd come too .. but I'm short of air tanks sufficient for the long swim .. ::shurg:: health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:20 am 
Master Pilot

I would love it 2 happen--but it requires a group effort! Had I won the lottery, believe me, it would already b underway. (w/G. R. R. Martin attending, 2.) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Oh the Powerball? The one where that guy from West Virginia won it? Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:57 pm 
Master Pilot

Oh sure! I've got $170million dollars, tax free, in my back pocket! Wait just a sec!... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/27/02 5:01:31 pm
</i>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next