Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Questions about the Law of Death
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:38 pm 
Master Pilot

I really wanted to start a thread on this forum, and a question had popped into my mind on KW...

How was the LoD broken when Elena summoned Kevin? Was it the person she summoned? The thing she used(SoL)? The fact that she brought a member of the Dead back to life? If so, if someone else had summoned someone, would the LoD been broken before?? Does somone have the answers to my questions?? The planet he saw appeared to have continents that looked surprisingly like Northern Europe and North America. Ransom realized it was Earth he was seeing-Thulcandra, the Silent Planet <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Questions about the Law of Death
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:39 am 
Master Pilot

I think it goes like this .. but I'm in need of some looking up to be sure ..

With the Power of Command that .. whats his name .. lead Elena and co to .. she could have commanded any of the elements and they would have had to obey her .. because she exercised the PoC by lore of the Ward it belonged to ..

I'm a bit shakier there .. but the fact that Elena chose to summon one that was dead back to the living .. that very act broke the veil between the realm of the living and the realm of the dead .. thus having rent the fabric seperating both realms .. any who is dead can enter the realm of the living .. I guess they need to be commanded maybe .. or not .. I cant remember that ..

But ... Kevin was Elena's choice .. because she thought being the father of the 7 Wards .. he would be best suited to aid the Land against Foul. Ofcourse she was wrong .. and she just enabled this severing of the veil between both realms of the living and the dead ..

Hence why Elena herself was able to serve Foul after her death .. etc... health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:40 am 
Master Pilot

oh kudos for the great question by the way

.. great new thread!!

I will look up some stuff and get more with a better answer .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:23 am 
Master Pilot

Amok, perchance? U had better kno what happens right under ur own Mt. or at least Rivenrock!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:49 am 
Master Pilot

yes .. yes .. Amok shamock .. how could I not recollect that geezer ..

.. and yes I keep a keen eye on what goes on and who's underneath me .. lol health and healing<i></i>