Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: post sunbane
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:40 am 
Master Pilot

Very cool research Diamondraught! Thanks, very much--I'd totally 4gotten he took the heels of the SoL back! Wow! U <i> should</i> b a Pilot--email me and I'll show u how 2 do it. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/6/02 8:42:14 pm
</i>

Post subject: Haruchai
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm 
Master Pilot

yes Bannor's age did catch up with him rapdily once the vow was broken .. what would be the life expectancy of a Haruchai?? you could be right .. I always thought he delvered the heels of the staff first .. I must go read again .. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Haruchai
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:12 am 
Master Pilot

heh, heh. another reason to pick up TCTC. Don't you love it? Lately though, my Wife gets a certain look on her face when I pick up the Chronicles. Something like this- <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:26 am 
Master Pilot

we read TCTC together we both love them .. we are best book buddies .. but .. funny I gets that look .. when I climb into the computer seat!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:51 am 
Master Pilot

Alas; my Wife tried but floundered 1/2 way through LFB. Ah, well. But back on topic, I don't recall the Harauchai as any longer lived than the other people of the Land. I will skim through TCTC soon and see what I can learn. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:46 pm 
Master Pilot

well post what you find .. but I sense that the Haruchai are more hale and hearty than most!! Yes .. most of the inhabitants of the Land are all pretty hale and hearty themselves .. but I think the Haruchai must be a tad moreso. Why else would they be the protectors they are? They dont use weapons they only use their bare hands and feet to repel an attacker! I am sure the 'vow' gave them their uncommon longevity but I suspect they may have already possessed a mite of that longevity .. already.

Sure Bannor aged radically once the vow was broken .. but he had already outlived many generations of time .. since crazy Kevin and all that .. or maybe even before Kev .. ?? I cant recall now. Anyhoo .. what was the point again???

oh well .. whatever it was???? health and healing<i></i>