Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: your favorite Chaosite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:36 am 
Pilot

Not sure if thats a word Zelazny would have used for those from Chaos.
Its a magical place, and I use it to support my argument that the Amber books are firmly in the Fantasy genre, I know they are filed under Sci-fi in the book shops, but they contain unicorns and magic spells and all sorts of Fantastic goings on, hell, the second set of books are narrated by Merlin the magician! And he would be my favorite if he was a little more like his dad, and less civilised, but then there's Mandor, great character and a wonderful cook. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: your favorite Chaosite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:15 pm 
Pilot

Mandor all the way. Who esle had that much character development besides Jurt and Dara? And Mandor was vastly better than both.

D.W. Come to the Duck Side... DARK! I MEANT DARK!DAMNIT!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:03 pm 
Master Pilot

I hate Chaos... Hello, and good-bye, as always.

Further up, and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:13 am 
Pilot

i rather dislike the way chaos is portrayed in the merlin chronicles. we go from the very cool black road, to what is basicly a court of people (who seem to mostly look amberish enough that you wonder why their dara breeding program was necesary) with a power that should have let them get to amber and cause trouble all by themselves a long time ago. and theres a lot more of em too.

amber, with its small population of bickering infighting champions, should be easy prey for the lords of chaos. how did they go from dying quickly off the black road, to wanding castle amber without a care? admitadly, the only ones we get a lot of detail about are desended from benedict.... excpet for jasra, dara's handmaid, who moved to the golden circle, became queen, and married(?) brand.

but as it stands, i like mandor. he has some good powers, and hes as manipulative as an amberite. plus, he has balls
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:24 pm 
Master Pilot

Yeah, metal ones! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

Post subject: chaos
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:53 pm 
Lady Scryer

I'm with Mhoram o nthis one. I didn't particularly like any of the Chaosites. If I HAD to choose one I guess it would be Mandor, though if I could choose a nonhuman it would be Frakir. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: chaos
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Mandor is the best of them, imo. But he lacks the depth of most of the Amberites. Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:21 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, that's the thing. I never got a feeling for any of them as people, the way I did for many of the Amberites. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:21 pm 
Pilot

If you can't count Merlin (he would be my favourite), then... Glait (a snake-like creature). I like snakes. I quite like Mandor and Dara as characters (not as people, however). Gilva looks nice, but she is not much elaborated as a character. I also like Rhanda. That's life: Trust and you're betrayed; don't trust and you betray yourself.<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:41 am 
Master Pilot

I was always hooked on Dara and couldn't believe Corwin couldn't win her heart. I kept waiting for a Corwin and Dara finally make a go of it, moment.