[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Mezla News, Release Dates, Etc.

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Mezla News, Release Dates, Etc.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yeah, he does the same with most of the books he reviews - if you read the comments after his entry, you will see people screaming about spoilers from past Malazan books, too. This one did not seem too bad, spoiler wise - what worries me is his comments on there being too much character instrospection for his taste - and from what I remember, all of the navel gazing in RG and TTH did not even get a rise from him. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:13 am 
Lady Scryer

DoD seems to be readily available at bookstores in the UK, though neither the Book Depository or Amazon.UK are shipping yet. Some of the members over at the Martin board are reading it now - their views so far are mixed.

One, who is about halfway done with the book, said the first two hundred pages are amongst Erikson's best ever writing - but then it gets very navel gazingly - so it could be among the best or the worst of the books in the series depending on which way it ends up tipping. :lol:

He says the book is the same length as The Bonehunters.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 pm 
Lady Scryer

I usually avoid spoilers, but the DOD spoilers over at the Martin board are getting me pretty darned excited about the book. :mrgreen:

Must save money and wait for US release. Must save money and wait for US release. Must save money and wait for US release... :razz: :razz: :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 pm 
Master Pilot

Good luck with your waiting game, Duchess. I'm not that virtuous -- my UK release copy is already in the mail to me. Should be here by Sept. 1, yay!

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:52 pm 
Lady Scryer

How was the book, Ali?

Now that I have discovered that the US release won't be until next April, I am reconsidering my decision on not ordering from the UK... :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 pm 
Master Pilot

Still working on it. About halfway through so far. I'm taking my time instead of zipping through at lightspeed and missing a bunch of stuff, which it seems is how I usually read Erikson. :oops:

The one big thing I've noticed with this book is that he actually explains stuff. :lol:

And Tehol and Bugg are in it. I loves me some Tehol and Bugg! 8)

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:02 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:08 pm 
Master Pilot

I fear I'll be waiting until it's out here in January. *sigh*

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

Now Tor is saying April, dude. :( :( :(

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 am 
Master Pilot

Oh, I'm not waiting THAT long! I'll order it UK before April.

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:57 pm 
Lady Scryer

Exactly. I want to save money, but Erikson's US publisher and their long delays is ridiculous!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:38 pm 
Master Pilot

I thought they were working toward simultaneous UK/US publication. An eight-month lag is ridiculous, in this day and age.

My books:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:29 pm 
Master Pilot

TCG is out in Canada, at least, Sept. 1, according to Amazon.ca. And the new Esslemont book is due out in a few months as well. 8)

My books:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:03 pm 
The UnTitled

Awesome...hope I can get it here before too long. :D

--A

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Looking as much forward to the Esslemont as the Erikson. This is not a knock on Erikson - just a reflection that Esslemont seems to be covering the actual Mezla Empire more than Erikson these days.

Image Image Image