[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - The Timekeeper's Log--Original Fiction

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Timekeeper's Log--Original Fiction
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:12 pm 
Master Pilot

Please feel free 2 post any of ur writtings here (poetry goes on The Qallar Collection). Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/26/02 4:54:31 pm
</i>

Post subject: Moonspots and the Alien, excerpt
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:53 pm 
Master Pilot

No one ever pays attn. 2 this poor little topic, so in the effort 2 get y'all brave enuf 2 ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING!!!! Here's an excerpt of something I wrote long ago...--"...as the double-disc shot me through the connective from Liecia to Earth a hole suddenly opened in it's fabric into "real space" and I began to see a huge asteriod slowly revolve towards me. The double-disc flew up it's side coming to rest on the uppermost plateau where I gazed up at five gigantic entities hovering above a wide rock altar. Instantaneously one spoke in the center of my mind and I knew what they were. In the middle, wavering over the highest ground, was The Silent Universe, "I hold, in my non-existant hand the translucent orb that contains all there is and all that will ever be. Only you, Main Observer, know the location of the key that unlocks this ball freeing everything from itself, to discover it you must journey deep, deep within yourself to even begin to know where to start. It will, simply, be crushed if you do not, and there is very little time." The outline of a behemoth clad in scarlet robe and hood raised it's head revealing not a face, but where a face should be: total darkness, and in that void were stars...Apex, furthest to the right, invisable, black, was laughing but none paid him any attention, at all...." from Moonspots and the Alien by me '79
The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/27/02 8:51:28 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: The Timekeeper's Log--Original Fiction
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:59 pm 
Master Pilot

Sweeeet. Wheres the rest of it?? Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:19 pm 
Master Pilot

finally some1 read it YEA!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:39 am 
Master Pilot

wow!! nicely written and very interesting .. and ditto!!

where is the rest of it?? you must have more?? health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:58 am 
Lady Scryer

Really! Don't hold out on us! Give us the rest! "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

Post subject: Moonspots and the Alien, background...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:58 pm 
Master Pilot

**2 give u some background in the book: I am called, as a point of reference, not that it is important, The Main Observer and I come from a planet named Liecia in the Gamma-Epsilon B quandrant. Liecia is the 2nd planet from the doublesun Cappella (yes, named after a real binary star!). Inbtween the tiny 1st planet, Moth, and Liecia lies an asteroid belt called Moonspots, the remnant of 1 of Liecia's 3 moons that (er, met w/an "accident"..) constantly dots out the doublesun. The other 2 moons r Second-Hand and Helper, Helper is actually an asteriod that got caught in Second-Hand's gravity well and now orbits it, kinda like this: . The 3rd planet is called The Strange Sister and is habitable 4 4 of our months. This is where many Liecialians spend 1 of our 3 seasons. A planet 2 planet pilgrimage is required during this season. The 4th planet is twice the size of Jupiter, and is called The Weight. Finally there is a mysterious black fifth planet, smaller than Saturn but bigger than Earth, Equalibrium. Equalibrium orbits The Weight, and every 92 Earth years The Weight decides 2 reverse rotation which gives Equalibrium a serious case of the hiccups and causes all sort of weird cosmic flux and messing all the other planet's normal orbits!

**Liecia is primarily a water-planet, dark maroon seas cover most of it's surface, the seas r xtemly calm (4 the most part) and not that deep. The land masses r connected 2 each other by series of long redwood planks that r supported by hard coral colony-pillars. The whitish pillars r protected by "Keepers" who r a cross btween angry red anemones and piranhas. There r schools of transparent minnow-like creatures called "Keeper-Beepers" who warn the "Keepers" of approaching maruaders. Leicialians must constantly b on the lookout for Chiselbeaks, barracuda shaped thrushes, that attack the colonies from the sky! (Also the T-bird's arch enemy...)

**The landmass, or island, The Main Observer, currently, inhabits is Devonia. Swamps and large dark-green algae encircle it. It has 1 lone anicient volcano, now resembling a large hill, in it's center and reaches of 2 the sea in a series of long, sweeping hills. There is small whitish beach tucked away in a scared bay. Redwood groves and Mercury-recyclers r the only "trees" the grow on the hills. The "recyclers" r 1/2 as tall and r breathtaking. They look like huge Weeping Willow bushes, or cobwebs, whos platinum-mercury branches dip and sway as their tips drop blobs of "metal" on the ground 2 soak up nutrients, Then the tips bob back down, reattach 2 the blobs, lift them up, and feed.

**Liecia is comprised of about 100 beings like The Main Observer, we r unisex and telepathic. We r very private/spiritual beings and hardly ever communicate, xcept in times of great need. Like the Rhinocerous, because we r usually in such a deep-meditative state we don't realize where we r going (and don't wish 2 appear silly talking 2 ourselves), each Liecialian has been adopted by a T-bird. T-birds r telepathic, as well, and have their own council. It is assumed that T-birds taught us telepathy... The Main Observer's T-bird is Newt, his/it's/my eyes and ears.

**Legend has it that Leicialians originally evolved on Earth, but as these slivery skeletal spinalfuild filled "Eels" formed hard fins and began 2 crawl out of the "primordial soup" some were sucked in2 a small spatial-vortex and deposited on Liecia. Along w/Redwood "mother seeds", which no 1 can xplain... Of course, the "Eels" who were lucky enuf 2 avoid the "vortex" would eventually become Homosapien...

**One of our "scouts" returns from a deep-voyage 2 the Void, and a gathering is held at The Nocturnal Colleges. The Galactic Council (Demi-gods) is rumored 2 b on the verge of ridding itself of "home", our sister Earth, do 2 Earth's essential developemental lack of compassion and spiritual connection 2 the Universe. In an effort 2 aid our human "brothers and sisters" I am "appointed" The Main Observer and must venture 2 Earth on the double-disc through a singularity. As I do so I encounter The Council on my way--as seen in the xcerpt "Moonspots and the Alien". When I arrive on Earth in the Mts. of NM, the double-disc is hidden in a tree and I become myself...
And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/27/02 9:07:35 am
</i>