[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - RECIPE THREAD!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: chocolate chip pie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:10 pm 
Master Pilot

WOOOO HOOOOO!!

.. me .. me .. me .. me .. me ..

.. coolioolio!!!!!!! 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: here's an easy crockpot one, for busy people :)
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:35 am 
Lady Scryer

Slow-Cooker Potatoes

Spray non-stick cooking spray in your crockpot
Combine 32 ounces of frozen hashbrowns
2 cans (10 3/4 ounce size) cheddar cheese soup
2.8 ounes can french fried onion rings (optional)
salt and pepper to taste (optional)

cover. cook on low for 7-8 hours. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 5/2/03 7:37:39 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: here's an easy crockpot one, for busy people :)
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:41 am 
Lady Scryer

Holiday Spiced Punch

2 quarts apple cider
2 cups cranberry juice
2 Tablespoons mixed whole spices (allspice, cloves, coriander, and ginger)
2 cinnamon sticks, broken into chunks (optional)
lemon and/or orange slices, studded with whole cloves (optional)

1. pour cider and juice into your crock pot. Place mixed spices in to tea ball and toss into juice
2. cover and simmer on low for 2 hours
3. float cinnamon chunks and fruit slices in individual cups as you serve
Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:08 pm 
Master Pilot

i'm gonna definitely try that cider recipe .. sounds interesting.

another greek recipe for those who enjoy greek food.

Its called Tzatziki ..

and its a dip .. an asset to any bbq.

Now I dont know if I can reduce this to small amount or not ..

so a quart of plain greek yoghurt

kidding .. actually i have no clue what a quart is

ok .. now this will be tricky .. cos i only know litres and grams.

1 pint is about 600 mls .. so a litre would be a little less than 2 pints.

a cup is about 250 grams/mls .. i think ..

ok so .. the recipe.

TZATZIKI

600 ml of plain european yoghurt - its not thin but thick yoghurt
1 telegraph or continental cucumber
about 4-6 cloves of garlic - depending on taste
good pinch or two of black pepper
salt to taste
a dribble of oil
and a squeeze of lemon juice

place yoghurt in a bowl
grate cucumber - drain flesh from juice
add cucumber flesh to bowl - discard juice.
crush garlic cloves and add to bowl
add pepper and salt
squeeze a little lemon to taste
and dribble a very little drizzle of oil ..

mix and chill .. for 10+ mins

add to bbq meats as dip or as a sauce to eat with the meat!

believe me you'll never have a bbq without tzatziki again ..

watch the garlic .. i tend to be a bit heavy handed with garlic .. add to your own personal taste ..
'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:37 am 
Master Pilot

Hmm... I'll have to try that. Sounds great. "Molly is not afraid." Alf's voice was cold. "Molly is excited. She thinks that she will have me when I am done with you. She is a fool. I do not fornicate with animals."<i></i>

Post subject: Tamara's Oven French Toast
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:49 pm 
Master Pilot

Just had this 4 breakfast--fabulous! If u can find some way 2 add thinly sliced apple segments I bet it would b even better! YUM!!

ingredients:
butter
1 loaf French Bread, cut into 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch slices
6 large eggs
1 and 1/2 cup half & half
1 and 1/2 cup whole milk
1 tsp. cimmamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla

topping:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. dark corn syrup
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

preparation:
The night before, generously butter a 9 x 13 inch pan. Fill pan with bread slices. Combine eggs, milk, half & half, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix well. Pour egg mixture over bread and cover. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together topping ingredients well. Add pecans and spread evenly over the bread. Bake until puffed and golden (about 40 minutes), Allow toast to stand for 5 minutes before serving.

bacon and a good cup of coffee really compliments... mmmmmmmmmmm!

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/17/03 9:53:15 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Tamara's Oven French Toast
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 10:32 pm 
Master Pilot

That sounds good Danlo...

umm....

<i></i>

Post subject: Susan's Crab Rangoon (Crab Cheese)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:09 am 
Lady Scryer

1/2 pack flaked imitation crab meat
2 1/2 boxes of Philly cream cheese
2 stalks of green onion, chopped fine
wanton wrappers
1 beaten egg

Pass crab meat flakes through a garlic press to make them tiny. Mix with the cream cheese and chopped green onion. Mix well. Then place about 1/2 TSP of mix into the center of a wonton wrapper. Seal the ends of the wonton wrapper with the beaten egg. Deep fry wontons in cooking oil until golden brown. Drain excess oil with paper towel. Best devoured when hot! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Post subject: Harry Caray's Boneless Chicken Vesuvio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:33 am 
Lady Scryer

A Midwestern Classic from a Classic Chicago Restaurant,
as copied from the Harry Caray's Restaurant Cookbook

The traditional way to serve this dish is the restaurant is bone-in, but the cooks have come up with this boneless alternative for home cooking:

1 cup frozen peas
4 large Idaho russet potatoes
6 (7 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
10 whole cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Blanch the peas by placing them in boiling water for one minute and then rinsing them in cold water to stop the cooking. Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters legnthwise. In a large roasting pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and sautee them until golden brown (approximately 8 minutes). Remove the potatoes and set aside. Add the chicken and garlic to the pan and saute lightly on both sides until golden brown. Remove the garlic cloves and discard. Deglaze the pan wit hthe wine and reduce by half. Return the potaotes to the pan with the chicken and season with the salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and parsley. Add the chicken broth and put the roasting pan into the oven for 15-20 minutes or unti lthe chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. Place the chicken on a serving plate and arrange the potatoes around the chicken. Pour the sauce from the pan over the chicken and sprinkle the peas on the top. Makes 6 servings. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Post subject: Re: Harry Caray's Boneless Chicken Vesuvio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:51 am 
Master Pilot

That recipe is very good.

But it also reminds me that I am remiss in getting that recipe to my friend, who had that dish at the dinner we had with Duchess and family.

<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:23 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:05 am 
The UnTitled

Wow, SkyWier... There's a name for memories huh? :lol:

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:45 am 
The UnTitled