[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - laying claim to chapters, TOMBS OF ATUAN, plus index

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: laying claim to chapters, TOMBS OF ATUAN, plus index
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:43 pm 
Lady Scryer

We have been talking about getting the read off the ground in early October! I thought I would get this up now, so people could have plenty of time to get their requests in! As with the other read, I know I would greatly prefer no strict deadlines...(and it sounds like many people, if not most, are also fine with that?)

PROLOGUE Duchess

CHAPTER ONE - THE EATEN ONE Duchess

CHAPTER TWO - THE WALL AROUND THE PLACE Highdrake

CHAPTER THREE - THE PRISONERS - Menolly

CHAPTER FOUR - DREAMS AND TALES - Duchess

CHAPTER FIVE - LIGHT UNDER THE HILL- Danlo

CHAPTER SIX - THE MAN TRAP Danlo

CHAPTER SEVEN - THE GREAT TREASURE StevieG

CHAPTER EIGHT - NAMES - Avatar

CHAPTER NINE - THE RING OF ERRETH-AKBE - Danlo

CHAPTER TEN - THE ANGER OF THE DARK - Avatar

CHAPTER ELEVEN - THE WESTERN MOUNTAINS Menolly

CHAPTER TWELVE - VOYAGE - Furlsy/StevieG

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: laying claim to chapters, TOMBS OF ATUAN, plus index
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:46 pm 
The Timekeeper

5 and 9 appeal to me... :ged:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm 
Lady Scryer

You got 'em. :) I put in for chapter one, and will pick another one or two if any are available after other people make their requests. :) If anyone has their heart set on that particular chapter, I can switch. :) (I am thinking of myself as doing a sort of mop up duty for this particular book, as I love all of it. :wink: )

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:34 pm 
The UnTitled

I gotta skim it again to decide.

(Will put up the last earthsea chapter next week without fail.)

--A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:46 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:43 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
*nod*

I'm with Av.
I need to get the book from the library and reread it, on it's own instead of in one mad rush to read the entire series.
Once I've done that, I'll decide on a chapter.

...if I can work up the nerve to take one on again...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:51 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:54 pm 
Master Pilot

Put me down for Ch 12 :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:32 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:30 am 
Master Pilot

I'm really not overly concerned. I'll certainly take a couple chapters. I'll check the book in the next week or so to see if I prefer any over the others.

Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:29 pm 
Lady Scryer

Just a reminder that the group read start is approaching SOON! :D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:59 am 
The UnTitled

We have a date already? How did I miss that?

--A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:03 pm 
Lady Scryer

I thought we had all decided on a go for the first week of October? :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:34 am 
The UnTitled

Hahaha, I believe you, I just didn't remember it. :D

I'll take Chapters 8 and 10. :D

--A

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:43 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
*hangs head*

I have been remiss...

I still need to check out a copy of the book from the library.
If I choose to dissect a chapter, I'll let y'all know soon.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next