Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Clive Barker
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:18 pm 
Pilot

Any fans here? He's not a horror writer anymore but that is what he is most known for. He is the mind behind Hellraiser (1-3), Candyman, Gods and Monsters, Nightbreed, Lord of Illustions, Quicksilver Highway and Rawhead Rex. He is personally my favorite author...old and new style!!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Clive Barker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:02 am 
Master Pilot

Nightbreed and Lord of Illusions r cool flicks! I suppose the books r much better...I haven't read anything by him. Hellraiser and Candyman always looked 2 freaky 4 me--but I really dig the original Phantasm? Just as gory! I just don't get myself sometimes... The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/18/03 8:41 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:27 am 
Pilot

I am always looking for others who like Clive Barker. This might not be the right forum for it, but I actually like his fantasy better than his horror. 'Weaveworld' and 'Imajica' are two of my absolute FAVORITE books. I had no idea he was so good at that stuff.

I also like a lot of his short stories, "Nightbreed" and such. I haven't really read anything I didn't like, but I seemed to like the more fantasy-oriented books better. Let's talk Barker!

-lorien <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:43 am 
Master Pilot

I've heard great thing about 'Imajica"! U're more than welcome 2 start a Barker thread in Gen Fantasy. And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:59 am 
Master Pilot

Ok, Hellraiser series. The cenobites truly horror film classics. Even Hellraiser IV, the one in space is pretty good. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:17 pm 
Pilot

Yeah, the Hellraiser films are great. Did anyone else see Hellraiser 5? Not bad at all.

As far as his written work goes I prefer his short stories, and Cabal was good (which was then filmed as Nightbreed). <i></i>