Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What Scares You????
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 2:36 am 
Master Pilot

What scares you the most when you read horror. I can't read anything about possession by demons (Daemonophobia). The Exorcist had me sleeping with the lights on for weeks. Danlo has shared his dislike for clowns (coulrophobia). What scares you?? Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: What Scares You????
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 9:49 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, when u were talking about reading It I told u clowns scare the crap out of me! This is my overall Fear Factor: buried alive w/a clown lying on top of me (we have 2 assume it's a MALE clown), the music alternates from bad disco 2 icecream van music 2 bad rap-and repeats endlessly and rats r eating my flesh!! I got 2 get out of this horrible pit and there's only 1 way I can: How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/27/02 3:49:31 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:42 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> I am amazed at your description, Danlo! You should have been a writer! My, my, I felt the discomfort after reading the description. (Oh and thanks for not letting this post fall flat on its face. You think many people are too reluctant to let others know what scares them? Kind of like knowing their names?)</b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:26 pm 
Master Pilot

I think they'r 2 scared 2 come 2 the Corner, anyway--what a bunch of weinies!!! Maybe I'll travel 2 some Horror sites and "scare up" a few more members... How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:08 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> And you're not bad on the puns either! ("scare up" a few new members!)</b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:25 am 
Pilot

I've never actually <i> read</i> any horror stories......but any movie that includes vampires will literally keep me up all night.....you'd think I'd just learn not to watch those things wouldn't you.....

& escalators, I hate escalators......

-Coercri

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:35 pm 
Master Pilot

I kno--r'nt escalators weird? Wouldn't u think if u got something caught btween the steps as 1 disappeared that u would b sucked down along w/it!? yikes! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/17/02 9:50:09 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:28 am 
Pilot

.....like shoelaces.......EXACTLY!!!

I knew someone would understand

-Coercri <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:31 pm 
Pilot

the movie ring scared the hell out of me.

a good site about this is www.whatscaresme.com

-dm <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:57 pm 
Master Pilot

Hi Deathmonk7 welcome 2 the Hangar, sorry no Buffy, but "the ring" sounds cool! Do come back! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:50 pm 
Pilot

Well;
What really scares me? Something I know can happen. Like The Stand. I'm just waiting for some government to wipe the human race off the face of the earth with some experimental virus. Escalators is a second with me.
Innsmouth Lady <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:47 am 
Pilot

Evil posession or demon type things. That's what scares me. Amittyville and Exorcist, two examples.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:30 am 
Pilot

Handbags scare me, I imagine them snapping shut on my hand as I quietly try to pinch my mums purse, wonder if there is a name for that??? <i></i>

Post subject: What scares me?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:17 pm 
Pilot

Wasps. Evil stripey b*stards :"> :"> :">

"Raid" the lot of 'em! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: What scares me?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:07 pm 
Master Pilot

Wow! U just reminded me that I was once almost killed by yellow-jackets. I was 16, back east, sitting on my chocolate palamino, Athena, talking 2 my mum, she said "what's all that around ur head?". Suddenly Athena backs up and steps in a jacket's nest. She's stung about 5 times on the butt (my horse that is! ), I'm stung 3 times in the head, then takes off like a bat out of Hell racing towards the corral. At the very last second I remembered the taut electric wire running across the top of the gate posts and slammed my head back on her butt. At a full gallop decapitation, or worse , was a def possibility!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/31/02 9:56:26 pm
</i>