Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Personal Scary Stories, Alien abductions, etc...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:18 am 
Master Pilot

I, personally, can't wait 4 aliens 2 land. I'm sure aliens r among us now--so that doesn't scare me that much. But, I'll tell u, reading Striber's Communion and watching the movie scared the literal crap out of me!!! I watched The Mothman Prophesies on Sunday, which was pretty darn good, and the red eyes of the "Mothman", or whatever it was, got me thinking of 1 of the freakiest xperiences I've ever had:
--My x-wife and I were driving across country in '86 from NM 2 NY 2 catch a plane 4 Portugal. I did alot of the driving, but slept 4 3hrs while she drove. I took over the driving again @ about 2am, my x-wife was sleeping and we were in eastern Oklahoma. Around 3am we were close 2 the Kerr-McGee factory (Karen Silkwood, plutonium poisoning and all that) and there r signs in that area that say "turn lights on thru smoke". Apparently they burn alot to keep the brush down in that area--they do it during the day...I caught up w/a car that was about 500 yards away and paced it @ about 68mph. this went on 4 15 minutes and there were no exits coming up on the freeway and trees and guardrails lined the road. I didn't kno it but my x-wife was awake and looking @ the car ahead of us--and mentioned something about how big the rectangular taillights were. 5 minutes later the other car and ours started down in2 a little valley and this strange smoke/mist came across the freeway and we couldn't c the taillights anymore. We could c the trees and the guardrails continually passing by, but we lost sight of the taillights. We came out of the "smoke" and topped a rise, then could c cleary 4 about 1/2 a mile down the road. But no car was ahead of us!! I thought it was odd and though that possibly the other driver had an accident so I speeded up 2 about 85. No sign of the guardrails being disturbed, no sign of the car. Then I hit up 2 over 100mph 4 about 5 minutes straight--the moon came out from behind a cloud, we topped another rise where we REALLY could c VERY clearly 4 1/2 a mile--no exits no broken guardrails NO car! We were both completely sober and I definately should have seen the taillights, or headlights 4 that matter, when I topped the first rise--even if the guy was going 150mhp!! When I speeded up so fast my x-wife kept saying "slow down" mayb he broke down in the middle of the road and u'll hit him!" But I could c well enuff 2 stop if that were the case--so I kept going. That 1 little curtian of "mist" was the only 1 we encountered--and we're both still freaked about the xperience 2 this day... How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/23/02 6:33:22 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Personal Scary Stories, Alien abductions, etc...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:47 pm 
Pilot

This is sort of a UFO story. I went to a boarding school in Michigan in the 60-70s,it was on a large lake (near but not lake Michigan). The school was surrounded by the summer camp, with lots of cabins and roads through pine woods. My roomate and I were out one night in the cabin area having our nightly (illegal) cigarette break. We were sitting up against a cabin looking out over the lake. We saw a distant light high in the sky. Suddenly a greenish globe came from the smaller light
until it was about 20 feet above us, about 10ft accross. We got up and ran and it followed us exactly at the same height along every twist and turn of the path. A whitish beam was projected towards us, but we outran it. Our Astronomy teacher checked with the local airforce base the next day. They denied sightings or their own stuff. The official word was swamp gas. No swamps for miles. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/24/02 7:23:40 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: Personal Scary Stories, Alien abductions, etc...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:00 pm 
Pilot

I've got a couple of great scary stories you simply won't believe. But first, I implore you to read "The Mothman Prophecies" by John Keel. The true(?)story is considerably better than the movie. I managed to pick up a copy in good ole WV since it actually happened in Point Pleasent. The book is one of the scariest things I've ever read and that is saying something.

My closest friends and I have known each other since childhood and we did things kids always do like camping out, staying up way to late and wandering around our small town.
Many summers ago, we camped out on my birthday (July 14th) in the hills behind an old abandoned farm near town. We, there were 5 of us, had been to the farm before and like its isolation (perfect for a clubhouse of sorts). Anywho, we were up late talking about some long forgotten subject when we all saw a pair of lights hovering just over the woods nearly a mile away. We were a little scared at first then we assumed that it was just a plane or maybe a helicopter which we sometimes witnessed.

Groups of teenagers have a very powerful short term bravery and being as such we decided to see just what the lights were. We creeped along the edge of the farm and circled well out of our way to try and "sneak" up on the lights. As we got closer we saw the lights were dancing, swinging all over the place like the aftereffects of a sparkler. We instantly freaked out and ran back to our tent.

We climbed in the tent trying to think just what we should do. Then, suddenly, the light shown our tent. If we didn't freak out before we sure as heck freaked out then. We left everything and ran as fast as we could. Fortunately we knew all the local paths and trails quite well so none of us got hurt running through the woods. We ran about 2 miles back to my friend Matt's house since it was the closest and he had a big family including 3 older brothers. I think I may have ran a pair of sub 4 min miles running to Matt's.

That's not the scariest part however. The next day I walked home from Matt's late in the afternoon after having called my parents who would be going to a movie and wouldn't be home. I have a very long drive-way with trees and heavy underbrush on both sides. As I walked up the drive-way I saw a large black car parked but apparently running in front of my house. I froze in the middle of the road and watched an extremely tall man in a black suit and sunglasses get out of the car and knock on the door. I thought it was odd for a man to be wearing a black suit in July then aqain I figured it was some Jehovah's Witnesses wanting to talk to my mom (she entertained everyone). I got a little scared and decided to hide in the woods by the road. Eventually they gave up at the house and started to drive away. Oddly they just backed the whole way up my drive way. I looked into the car trying to see who was in it with out being seen. The driver was a creepy yellow skinned man with oversized eyes. I'm pretty sure I screamed inside my head then. As soon as they left I called all my friends but nobody else saw these people. That was one scary situation
<i></i>