[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - If you were a God or Goddess, Who Would You Be??

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: If you were a God or Goddess, Who Would You Be??
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:28 am 
Lady Scryer

I made a visit to selectsmart tonight and found a quiz that tells you which of the Greek gods or goddesses you are most like.

I came up as this:
Hephaestus- was the only crippled god. He had a deformed leg. He was the fire god. He created all the god's armor and weapons. He was known as being very kind and good natured. He was the blacksmith to the gods.

I am going to try to make a link to the quiz, but there are so many popup adds, I'm not exactly sure what the link is!
greek gods Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 5/9/03 10:19:01 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: If you were a God or Goddess, Who Would You Be??
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:33 am 
Lady Scryer

under the literature quizzes I found another that tells you which of the great archetypal figures you are -- and it says that I am a Mother goddess.
This quiz was called the god/goddess aspect selector

the link for this one isgodly aspects Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 5/9/03 10:24:56 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:40 am 
Lady Scryer

And in one for the ancient Egyptian gods and godesses egyptian gods I am someone called Bast. I did a google search for that goddess and found this:

THE CAT GODDESS

Bast was the goddess of life and family and of the domestic cat, although she sometimes took on the war-like aspect of a lioness. She is depicted enthroned as the cat-headed incarnation of Isis or, alternately, as the seated Sacred Cat, often holding the sacred rattle known as the sistrum. Related to Neith, the Night Goddess, Bast symbolized the moon in its function of making a woman fruitful, with swelling womb. She was also the Egyptian goddess of pleasure, music, dancing and joy, and associated with the "eye of Ra", acting as the instrument of the sun God's vengeance.

The ancient Egyptians held cats in the highest esteem and the penalties for injuring or killing one was severe. A protectress of cats and those who cared for cats, Bast was an important deity in the home and also important in the iconography since the serpents which attack the sun god were usually represented in papyri as being killed by cats.

And I found one which will make Highdrake happy -- which of the Germanic (Norse) gods Norse gods are you? I came up most like Freyr, Frigg, and Heimdall and least like Loki and Odin. I don't know Freyr well, so it's google time again! And here's what I found:
Freyr also Frey

God of weather and fertility; son of Njord and brother of Freya. His step-mother was Skadi. The dwarves built him a ship, Skidbladnir, that could hold all the gods and yet could be so small that it could fit in ones pocket. He also owned a chariot drawn by two boars, Gullinbursti and Slidrugtanni. He could ride Gullinbursti [golden-bristled] through the sky. It was made by dwarves for Loki to give to Frey. He went as a hostage to the Aesir, along with Njord and Freya in order to dwell and reside there.

His name means "Lord" and it is thought that he was at one time the consort of his sister Freya [Lady]. His wife was Gerd, a beautiful giantess who he fell in love with when he espied her from Odin's throne. He sent his servant, Skirnir, to win her for him. For this task, Frey lent Skirnir his sword which "swings itself if wise he who wields it" and his horse. After Skirnir's threatening of her, Gerd agreed to give herself to Frey in nine nights at the forest Barri. At the Ragnarok, Frey will be killed by the fire giant Surt.

Also known as Yng, Frey is named as the progenitor of the swedish royal family. There was a statue of Frey in the temple at Uppsala in Sweden, the center of his worship.

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 5/9/03 10:27:46 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:16 pm 
Master Pilot

Duchess asked me who my favorite Norse gods were, and I said Odin, Thor, Heimdall, and Vidar. (Not necessarily in that order.) I took the test, and Heimdall is my #1 match. Then Njord & Freyr. ______________
Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Well u guys know that Baldur is my fav Norse god--Jamacia's nickname is Annibus the dark sister (Egypt). I really dig the Hindu monkey god (?) Hanuman (like li Tosh...) he did the craziest things...I'll have think about this pretty hard , from a serious POV. If I were a god I'd b Michael Jordan! GOD of basketball! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited. Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:44 pm 
Master Pilot

i tried to do your quiz duchy but got drowned out by ad's ..

I had to give up .. I couldnt see the quiz at all 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

I know. The pop-up ads are just god-awful at that site, aren't they? :"> Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:18 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
:::I know, I know...old topic:::

But, while she won't show up on any quizzes, I already am portraying a g-ddess... :joy:

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:47 am 
Master Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:24 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:47 pm 
Master Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:47 am 
The UnTitled

I got Thoth too. The quiz is pretty damn bad though. :lol:

(I used to be very into the whole Egyptian mythology thing, and some aspects have remained quite vivid to me...my avatar, which is also my tattoo, is a stylised eye of Horus...which in some forms, (the left eye) is a representation of the moon, truth, and, funnily enough, Thoth, the god of wisdom. :) ) (Which is over-rated. ;) )

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:36 am 
bridgeburner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:44 am 
The UnTitled

:LOLS: I do my best thanks. ;)

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:07 am 
bridgeburner