[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - If you were a God or Goddess, Who Would You Be??

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:23 am 
Master Pilot

I must be feeling morbid. I got Osiris for the Egypt one, and I got Hades for the Greek one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:27 am 
The Timekeeper

So you're feeling like a John Prine song?

Please don't bury me down in that cold cold ground
I'd rather have them cut me up
and pass me all around
-and then bury you, eh? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:45 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
The Egypt quiz placed me with
The aspect quiz with Mother
and the Greek quiz went totally opposite with , heh.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm 
The Timekeeper

For Eqypt I got: Ptah (It'll do for a Timekeeper :P )

It was said (in the Shabaka Stone) that it was Ptah who called the world into being, having dreamt creation in his heart, and speaking it, his name meaning opener, in the sense of opener of the mouth. Indeed the opening of the mouth ceremony, performed by priests at funerals to release souls from their corpses, was said to have been created by Ptah. Atum was said to have been created by Ptah to rule over the creation, sitting upon the primordial mound.

In art, he is portrayed as a bearded mummified man, often wearing a skull cap, with his hands holding an ankh, was, and djed, the symbols of life, power and stability, respectively. It was also considered that Ptah manifested himself in the Apis bull.

In Memphis, Ptah was worshipped in his own right, and was seen as Atum's father, or rather, the father of Nefertum, the younger form of Atum. When the beliefs about the Ennead and Ogdoad were later merged, and Atum was identified as Ra (Atum-Ra), himself seen as Horus (Ra-Herakhty), this led to Ptah being said to be married to Sekhmet, at the time considered the earlier form of Hathor, Horus', thus Atum's, mother.

Since Ptah was the primordial mound, and had called creation into being, he was considered the god of craftsmen, and in particular stone-based crafts. Eventually, due to the connection of these things to tombs, and that at Thebes, the craftsmen regarded him so highly as to say that he controlled their destiny. Consequently, first amongst the craftsmen, then the population as a whole, Ptah also became a god of reincarnation. Since Seker was also god of craftsmen, and of re-incarnation, Seker was later assimilated with Ptah becoming Ptah-Seker.

Ptah-Seker gradually became seen as the personification of the sun during the night, since the sun appears to be re-incarnated at this time, and Ptah was the primordial mound, which lay beneath the earth. Consequently, Ptah-Seker became considered an underworld deity, and eventually, by the Middle Kingdom, become assimilated by Osiris, the lord of the underworld, occasionally being known as Ptah-Seker-Osiris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 pm 
The Timekeeper

For Greek I got:
Hephaestus- was the only crippled god. He had a deformed leg. He was the fire god. He created all the god's armor and weapons. He was known as being very kind and good natured. He was the blacksmith to the gods.

Post subject: Re: If you were a God or Goddess, Who Would You Be??
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:47 pm 
Master Pilot

Interesting....

For "Which god are you?" I got Buddha.

For "Which god/dess aspect" I got Maiden. (Shoulda been Mother, at least. Hmmph.)

For "Egyptian god/dess" I got Isis.

And just for fun, I did "Pagan path" -- it was a tie between Hellenic and Celtic Reconstructionist. Which is kind of entertaining since I feel absolutely zero affinity with the Roman/Greek pantheon and am not that wild about the Celtic Reconstructionists, either. :roll:

My books: