[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - what's in your dvd player?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: what's in your dvd player?
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:26 pm 
Master Pilot

Yup, that's the story, all right. :lol: The guy is kind of a nebbish in the movie, which cuts down on the stalker implications, but it's still there to a degree. The "making of" documentary said Garcia Marquez based the character on his grandfather or great-grandfather or somebody.

My books:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:52 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:09 am 
Lady Scryer

Maybe alcohol is the secret. :wink:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm 
The UnTitled

I dunno, I smoked a joint and watched it, and that didn't help any... :lol:

--A

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm 
Master Pilot

Maybe it was Cleburne watching it with his missus then -- what with all those raging young hormones floating around in the movie, and all... :twisted:

My books:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:52 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
My criticism of the HP movies after PoA is how much critical information has been left out, due to time considerations.
Of course, I liked Cuarón's direction of PoA as well. But for me, direction rarely influences my enjoyment of a movie.

But so much has been getting chopped out of the movies, that following the plot line is nearly hopeless unless you have read the books.

I hope by going to two movies for the last book much that has been left out is somehow reinserted. If they stay at the level of chopping up the plot, I don't know if I'll be able to sit through the second, and final, film of the series.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:49 pm 
Master Pilot

I know what you mean, Menolly. I'm still torqued that they left out Peeves altogether. He's a *lot* more fun than Nearly Headless Nick. :twisted:

My books:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:12 pm 

Peeves is a lot of fun, but I'm more curious about things like the pocket watch found in Grimmauld Place which was discarded in cleaning in OotP. It's been a while since I saw HBP, but I think the film portrayed Dumbledore poisoning himself for no benefit, right? That the watch at the bottom had been replaced? How will they explain where it winds up? That is, if they even cover all the Horcruxes at all...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:47 pm 
The UnTitled

It wasn't a Watch, it was a locket. Pretty sure you don't find out it's significance until Deathly Hallows though.

--A

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:50 am 
Master Pilot

They've already shown the locket anyhow, in the display case at Sirius's house. Didn't they? And yes, they've talked about the Horcruxes -- there was that whole subplot in the last movie about the professor who stifled his memory of telling Tom Riddle about them.

Should I be spoilering this? :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:43 pm 
The UnTitled

I meant they don't figure out whose it was. :D

--A

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 pm 

I am terrible at retaining images on film.
Did they show the locket in OotP?
I know the note is with the one found after Dumbledore poisons himself in HBP. In the book, anyway. Again, I do not recall the scene fully in the film.
But if the locket was shown in OotP, then not quite so much needs to be back tracked then. Yay!

~Avatar

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:39 pm 
Master Pilot

W/T are forever

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:05 am 

I'm not saying direction is not important. It just rarely influences my enjoyment of a movie.

~Avatar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next