[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - what's in your dvd player?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: what's in your dvd player?
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:31 am 
Lady Scryer

Someone just had to mention the Star Wars prequels. :wink:

here is the first part of one of the funniest reviews I have ever seen (though I dislike the serial killer subplot):

Same guy does Attack of the Clones as well as Phantom Menace. Both are great (other than the serial killer subplot).

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:54 pm 
The UnTitled

I actually just watched all six in a row (two a day) last weekend or so. :D

--A

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:01 am 
Lady Scryer

My favorite of the group is the one which blasts the Padme/Annikin romance in Attack of the Clones and shows it for the cinematic travesty that it is. :sneak:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:51 pm 
The UnTitled

Yeah, Clones was clearly the weakest of the lot.

--A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:24 pm 
The Timekeeper

Just watched The Fourth Kind with Mila Joavivich (or however you spell that) and Will Patton on Lucimay's recommendation at the Watch--totally freaky movie and it being based on real life events completely blew my mind-see this film!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 am 
Master Pilot

We've been on a bit of a binge, what with two Netflix subscriptions here this summer. :mrgreen: Most recent was "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian," which wasn't bad. Second-most recent was "This is Spinal Tap," which I bet would have been a lot funnier if I'd seen it in the heyday of the '80s hair bands....

On the way to me now: "The Blues Brothers". Looking forward to being on a mission from God shortly. ;) And Magickmaker is going to make me watch "Sweeney Todd" with her when it shows up. Oh boy, another Johnny Depp costume drama -- I can hardly wait. :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

last season of the Tudors.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 pm 
Master Pilot

A dual feature dvd of The Butterfly Effect and the Butterfly Effect 2. The second film is decidedly less entertaining than the first but the disk was on sale at Wal Mart and we liked the first one so no harm done.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:52 pm 
Master Pilot

TOM! :wave:

Magickmaker went back to college a couple of months ago, so I'm back to my own, lame Netflix queue. ;) I've got "Frost/Nixon" sitting on the coffee table. Recently watched "The T.A.M.I. Show", which was a lot of fun. I was humming the hits from 1964 for days. (With the roster of acts including the Rolling Stones, the Beach Boys and James Brown, it's hard to believe that the biggest name on the marquee was Lesley Gore! :lol: )

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 am 
Lady Scryer

The Pacific miniseries and a bunch of random movies - Princess and the Frog (which actually has a pretty good jazzy and cajun soundtrack), Sherlock Holmes (somewhat frantically fast paced but fun, and kept my kids glued), and Prince of Persia (another one for the kids, but at least it wasn't as lame as I had feared going in. :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Before the weekend is over we hope to watch Toy Story 3, which we have all heard good things. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:30 pm 
Master Pilot

Forgot about Toy Story 3. I should put that in my Netflix queue.

At book club (which is devolving into podcast-and-movie club :lol:) last weekend, we watched an animated movie called The Secret of Kells. I went ahead and Netflixed it, and will take it to Roanoke with me next week for Thanksgiving. I think the kids will enjoy it.

My books:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11