Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tell about yourselves!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:23 pm 
Master Pilot

I always enjoy getting to know the people who post at forums that I frequent. And sometimes, from the names, I can't tell who's male and who's female.

Please share whatever information about yourself that you feel comfortable sharing!

I am from Florida. From the name you will have deduced that I am female. I have two teenage kids, a girl (who posts here , but I will let her introduce herself! ), and a boy. I won't tell my age (a woman never tells!) - let's just say I am old enough to have two teenage children.

I guess that's it for now.

Last edited by MsMary on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tell about yourselves!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:25 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Glad to meet you MMM! I'm Jerome (pronounced Jeremy). I've taught elementary school for 22 years, and I sing and play drums. I have a great family: wife, 2 daughters, and a son. I collect movies, cds, tapes, books, and lately rabbits for my <i> Watership Down</i> setting (love that book!). I used to collect Tolkien keepsakes, but when the populace went crazy over LOTR (FOTR), I sold them over EBAY: they were just collecting dust here.
I also have a wonderful family here (Ahira's Hanger); Kevin's Watch; and Gap of Rohan. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:28 am 
Master Pilot

I'm Sarah, the aforementioned daughter of MsMary. I'm 16 and just finishing tenth grade. I can't stand school. I LOVE the X-Files...I'm completely obsessed with that show. I'm also currently obsessed with LOTR...I've even downloaded Quenya lessons, which I still haven't had time to read. I love reading, too, obviously. And I'm really weird.

AIM: LyraTAS
MSN: lyra05@hotmail.com (but I'm hardly ever on)

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:01 pm 
Master Pilot

Doesn't anyone else want to share? "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:03 pm 
Pilot

Hi,

I am female, Danlo60s sister. I live in Pennsylvania. I am married and have two children, a son 21 who lives nearby, and a 13 year old daughter at home. I am an artist and I design jewelry. I am also an RN worked in mental health field but am not working now. My hobbies are too numerous to list,My handle sort of states my state of mind. I am what they call Fey, sort of on my own wavelength, tuned in to what most people don't notice. My daughter also has it. I enjoy SciFi and horror but not as well read as Danlo. I have weird tastes in Art and movies etc. so don't worry if I recommend something and you can't figure it out. Nice to meet all of you kindred souls. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:42 pm 
Master Pilot

They r a nice kooky independant dcent sort r'nt they? I 'm blessed w/great internet friends, and a kooky independant sister who lives 1/2 a lightyear away! Mathematics is a game. It's pieces are the axioms we create, and it's rules our logic. That mathematics is occasionally useful to mechanics and pilots is accidental -Mahavira Lal, third Lord Cantor<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:12 am 
Pilot

Ahhh what to say, it always seems strange talking about yourself to others ... or maybe I'm just bashful ...

Once upon a lifetime I was a Math teacher & then I defected over to the world of Industry. I still teach, it's just that my subject matter has changed. Not to mention the time of day I conduct class ... I have a couple scheduled this month at 2am... who can learn at that hour???

Anyway, I've moved around a lot over the years but have spent most of my time here in Southern Indiana & live in a small rural community. With the exception of sports, I enjoy most things but particularly enjoy reading, movies & my friends/family. It just seems that I have way too little time to devote to them.

And as far as that different wave length thing goes...I know what you mean....it's a permenant state of being for me.....

-Kathy (Coercri) <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:35 am 
Master Pilot

Hey I'm Ryan and I'm 15 and I live in the good ol south. Thats the REAL south... not North Florida... uhh... I mean South Florida.

And whats the deal with all the old people here?( )

Foamfollower- I'm going INTO 10th grade, and please tell me that Algebra 2 is not hard!!!!!! If you took it of course. What crazy person watches soccer at four in the mornin?<i>Edited by: King Mudd at: 7/2/02 9:38:22 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:04 am 
Master Pilot

Algebra 2 is <i> evil</i>.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:13 pm 
Master Pilot

lol is it really???? b/c I really hate math. more than anything. well except mississippi state and the yankees. What crazy person watches soccer at four in the mornin?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:18 pm 
Master Pilot

Im more of the secretive type...bwuhahaha!! Telling a little about yourselves is for profiles... Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:16 pm 
Master Pilot

mhoram, you're just a spoilsport.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:56 am 
Master Pilot

Im afraid so... Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:43 pm 
Master Pilot

tease! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, Sky, other then the previous post you havent said anything, either... Further up, and further in!<i></i>