Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Tell about yourselves!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Dutchess - That stinks about your vacation. Its been many years since I've been to the Adler Planetarium. They always have viewing parties there whenever there is a celestial event occuring. I read that they have done some remodeling there in the last 5 years, so it would be worth a visit.

If you should get to Navy Pier, see if they have a performance at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater there. It's a great place to see a play.

The Art Institute is also really worth a visit. I always make a point of going to see Grant Wood's American Gothic, and the Monet collection.

The one place you've been to that I haven't been to since grade school is the Shedd Aquarium. I want to check it out, but something always seems to keep me from going.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:07 am 
Lady Scryer

The beluga whales and dolphins are soooooo cool! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:26 am 
Master Pilot

Turiya - Don't be silly. Aliens don't freeze and carbonize people. They do far worse things.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:59 am 
Master Pilot

Turiya! Ever read Communion by Whitley Strieber, our seen the movie w/Christopher Walken? U'll love it, and it will the bejesu o/o u! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:23 pm 
Master Pilot

OK, already posted a shorter, IMO, intro in Owl forum, but I can put more here. From signature and nick, you might guess I am a big BtVS fan, well yeah!! But also liked or like, Xfiles, Babylon 5, Millenium, Forever Knight, Star Trek TOS, TNG, DS9, not so much voyager or enterprise. And Angel the Series, gonna be a Season 5

Been reading SciFi and stuff for over 35 yrs. But reading LoTR for the first time now. Robert Anson Heinlein is a god.

Other hobbies, life long interest in hobby radio stuff. Shortwave listening, and amateur radio. Local club is active supporting local events, like parades and walkathons, with communications support. It's fun. Was club president for awhile, and that was sometime less fun.

Started attending Cons in the last year. Wiscon, Loscon, Windycon.

IRL, I work in Regulatory Environmental Health and Safety for a major speciality chemical company. And that's been kicking me around pretty good lately Have a BS degree in psychobiology from the University of California. Not native and did not grow up in the Midwest.

Probably boring everyone. see everyone on the boards. <i>Edited by: taraswizard at: 6/1/03 6:51:02 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:52 pm 
Master Pilot

This is messed up!!! The signature thing only seems to work when it wants to. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:30 am 
Master Pilot

Yeah! X-Files! *high fives taras*

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:27 pm 
Pilot

Quote:Turiya - Don't be silly. Aliens don't freeze and carbonize people. They do far worse things.

~Foamy~

I beg your pardon?! Well, Federation might geneticly modify you, but Alliance won't.

Hello, I'm Maegan Gailintha, and I live on a ship. I used to be 11, but now I don't have an age. My weaponry commander used to be my pet cat, but now... I have a pet fork. I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:15 pm 
Master Pilot

Oh I bet the Venus de Milo could take you! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:01 am 
Pilot

I was raised by naked prairie dogs. And who exactly are you rambling about? I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:59 pm 
Master Pilot

It's a famous statue-- time 2 bone up on Earth history and culture, if u care (dare) it's fading very fast! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:26 pm 
Pilot

Yep, cultures are breaking down. Soon we will be reduced to a post-apocalyptic world not unlike that of Mad Max. At least thats what I'm preparing for.

My name is Jason. I live in a wonderful little thorp called Bunker Hill WV. I'm an archaeologist primarily working on historical archaeology of the Shenandoah Valley with a little side work on prehistoric native american sites in the area. I am pursing my doctorate and applying to the University of New Mexico where my generous friend danlo is going to pull some strings.
Besides reading SRD, Tolkien, Lovecraft, et al. I love football and boxing. In fact I even do a little amatuer boxing, however I'm rethinking that after having developed an abcess in my jaw from being hit. Or maybe I should just move a little faster?
I'm older than I look but younger than I act. I'll let you guess my age. Why do women get to be so coy about their ages and men can't? <i></i>