Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Serving Sarah
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:16 pm 
Master Pilot

yes I think daniel day lewis did take the lead .. he is a much stronger actor than di'caprio imo .. they balanced each other off well I thought ..

the same I thought of Hanks and Leo in Catch me if you can .. 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:59 pm 
Master Pilot

Duchess, tell me what they did and I'll tell you if they do it on cattle ranches (spent the first half of my life on ranches... probably why I loathe cowboy fashion and most country music). ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:09 pm 
Lady Scryer

the bull didn't want to give his ...daily....ummm...sample so they....um did something to his prostate gland. I refuse to give any more detail!
but you could not pay me enough money to do that!! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 3/27/03 8:54:56 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:37 am 
Master Pilot

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

Post subject: The Weight of Water
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:46 pm 
Master Pilot

This movie was very interesting and suspense filled. Had a very good cast, Sean Penn, Catherine McCormack, Sarah Polley, Josh Lucas (guy who played the x-hub in Sweet home Alabama) and Elizabeth Hurley. Based on the novel of the same name by the outstanding author of The Pilot's Wife, Anita Shreve. Very cool story and 2 or 3 outstanding acting jobs raise save this movie from being a dull 8 2 a very positive 9, could have been a 9 and 1/2 or ten if Hurley concentrated on acting a little more than showing off gorgeous bod. A must see! (Video) A full review is now in the 'Movies' thread... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Ghost Ship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:09 am 
Lady Scryer

I started watching this tonight with Calibaby, but the opening scene grossed me out so much I came downstairs to play with my computer instead. I can't rate it, but if you're not too fond of gore, please be forewarned. Calibaby seems to be enjoying it, though! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Ghost Ship
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:34 am 
Master Pilot

I was telling a friend about Sixth Sense, that it was a good movie. She told me to see Ghost Ship. I'll have to think about that one. I don't go out of my way to watch movies like what Ghost Ship sounds like. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:32 am 
Master Pilot

Ghost Ship was lame. The opening scene was cool (though being in the navy, that kind of thing isn't quite as surprising... they have some interesting videos they show you in bootcamp), but the rest of the movie was formulaic.

House of a Thousand Corpses, however, rocked my socks off. If you like slasher flicks (halloween, texas chainsaw massacre, et al), get ye to the theatre. Stylistically, one of the best horror movies ever.

Saw Phone Booth, too. Good movie. Expected it to go a little deeper, but still a really good movie (especially considering the entire movie takes place within a 100 yard radius).

Oh, and saw The Core. Eh.

Anybody catch Spirited Away? I was so mad at myself for not catching it in the theatre. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:04 pm 
Lady Scryer

That opening scene of Ghostship was just gross as anything to me. I didn't even watch the rest of the movie. So you are saying that something like that could theoretically really happen on board a ship?? Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

Post subject: The Four Feathers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:59 pm 
Master Pilot

Tam and I just watched The Four Feathers and were very impressed. I saw the original, and was still impressed! Heath Ledger, Wes Bently (great in The Claim, btw...) & Kate Hudson. And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Movie Ratings
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:31 pm 
Lady Scryer

I've been wanting to see that one! All of my friends have told me that seeing Heath Ledger in this movie is worth the rental price alone! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 4/27/03 10:32:13 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:33 pm 
Master Pilot

I doubt anything exactly like that could ever happen (no way the wire would move in a completely straight line that distance, and unless it was made of some seriously strong stuff, a wire that size has a pretty limited tension strength), but when lines snap on a ship they've been known to maim or kill anyone unfortunate enough to be standing near them. It usually occurs with hemp or nylon lines. Never heard of it happening with metal. ________________

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:07 am 
Master Pilot

ghostship is that the one were everyone is decapitated and sliced in half by the wire thingy??

A Knights Tale with Heath Ledger is great .. and I cant wait to see Ned Kelly .. played by him .. and Naomi Watts his r.l partner is in it too!

We saw Johnny English lately did I already mention it? I forget now .. its been a while since I've been here .. it was ok .. it could have been better but ..

the funny bits were raucously funny .. and the not so funny .. meant to be funny were lame ..

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

That's the one Sky and it took them a bit of time to die so the top halves were feeling around the deck about them for their bottom halves. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:10 pm 
Master Pilot

hey you guys I am soooo excited .. I'm going to see X-MEN 2 and MATRIX 2 on the weekend!!!!

I am totally bursting with anticipation!! .. I have heard good reports so far from those I know who have already been .. lucky bas***ds!!

hehe .. but I will be joining the ranks of LB's in an estimated 27 hours!!

whoooooo 'flippin' hoooooo!!!!

I cant wait .. and I'm pumped today .. cos I had one hell of a day!! 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next