Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:01 pm 
Master Pilot

Cool movie, nuthin' but action! Banderas was cooler than snot! Tamara goes, "Oh that Melanie is so lucky!", I go, "So u r!", She goes, "but u love Melanie..." I go "OH BABY!" . Lucy Liu pretty hot herself. Some cat named KAOS directed it--more xplosions than a John Woo film, can u believe it!. A little bit off the believability scale, as Banderas' character would have lost an arm or 2 in RL--but MUCH better than Golden Eye (where Bronsons' Bond would have snapped in 1/2 in RL jumping from the motorcycle 2 the helicopter..) -a good martial art fight filled, fun ride! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 2/2/03 6:03:25 pm
</i>

Post subject: The Badge
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:59 am 
Master Pilot

I'd def give The Badge a solid 9!! Great acting, great plot! Here's an xcerpt from my review in the Movie Review's thread:

I REALLY like good whodunits based in and around New Orleans, mayb its the party, devilmaycare attitude, Mardis Gras, spookiness of the swamps, great Cajun music--or all of it combined. The Badge combines all elements and is a very engrossing and powerfully acted drama, Billy Bob Thorton turns in an amazing perfomance, as do Patricia Arquette, William Devane and Sela Ward. I won't spoil--you have 2 rent this movie--but 2 or 3 times Thorton really gets in people's faces so hard it just blows u away! Definately Thorton's best preformance since Sling Blade and Arquette's best since The Hi-Lo Country (one of my fav movies of all time!!!).
And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:21 pm 
Master Pilot

'The Quiet American' a most resounding 9/10. Excellent!

and impressive!! I am impressed a movie like this would be released in the current political environment .. very impressed. <i></i>

Post subject: Daredevil Rocks!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:39 pm 
Master Pilot

Totally rocks!! Awesome movie! made Spidey look like a weinnie, mayb I'm baised but best Comic-book Superhero movie adaptation ever! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: mhoram6910 at: 3/27/03 1:14:17 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Daredevil Rocks!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:02 am 
Master Pilot

umm .. The Quiet American .. cos its such an oxymoron 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:14 pm 
Master Pilot

Look whos talking, Aussie! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:48 pm 
Master Pilot

yah but ya see .. I'm whispering ..

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

Post subject: City by the Sea
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:20 pm 
Master Pilot

DeNiro rocks in this 1! Finally he has returned 2 his old form! His Son (RL son, btw) steals the show! U must c this flick! Solid 9!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Post subject: Re: City by the Sea
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:00 pm 
Master Pilot

I hear you! He whose desires have been throttled,
who is independent of root,
whose pasture is emptiness-
signless and free-
his path is as unknowable
as the of birds across the heavens.
Dhammapada (93) <i></i>

Post subject: Sweet Home Alabama
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:14 am 
Lady Scryer

I have to admit, I like girlie movies as much as the next chick. But I didn't particularly care for this one. In order for a fluffy romantic comedy to work for me, I have to like the characters. I thought the Reese Witherspoon character in this movie is a meanie. Therefore, the whole movie just didn't work well for me. I also didn't care for either the southern or yankee stereotypes. I thought both her husband and her fiance could do a lot better for themselves...who cares if a really mean person lives happily ever after? maybe a five?? I think I'd rather watch While You Were Sleeping next time I'm the mood for a movie of this sort...or even Legally Blonde, which was a much better Reese Witherspoon movie, as it did have a certain goofy charm to it... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Sweet Home Alabama
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:01 am 
Master Pilot

Witherspoon has a knack for doing bad movies that would have been really bad without her. He whose desires have been throttled,
who is independent of root,
whose pasture is emptiness-
signless and free-
his path is as unknowable
as the of birds across the heavens.
Dhammapada (93)

Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:13 am 
Master Pilot

I tought the guy who played her hub was a very cool actor...reminded me of a young Costner, in a way, but more talent, movie was so/so, ending was hokey... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:59 am 
Master Pilot

havent seen that one!!

but recently seen GAngs of New York .. gruesome but brilliant work from Di cAprio .. so surprised!! REally interesting film ..

and saw Catch Me if YOu Can!! omg!! that was great!! again di CapRio .. did great .. and Hanks brilliant as always!! What a great .. and true story!!

I nearly died laughing when the FBI pulled him out of prison and offered him a job!!!!! it could only happen in America!!!

soo great!! lol .. cracked me up!! fantastic flick!!

Also recently saw .. Just Married!! .. mildly amusing to coke snorting at times!!

I really enjoyed that one too!! It was good for a couple of hour break!! 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:59 pm 
Master Pilot

I thought Lewis stole the show in Gangs of New York. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

Post subject: Serving Sarah
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:20 am 
Lady Scryer

Another chick flick, lent to me by a friend. I actually liked this one better then Sweet Home Alabama, though it was somewhat dopey. There was this evil co-worker of the male lead who gave me a few good chuckles...maybe a 6? the part with the bull made me feel sort of though. Do they really do that on cattle ranches????

I've also watched the dvd of the tv miniseries of Anne of Green Gables. It was very true in spirit to the book, so if you or someone you know loves the book, you will also love that production! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 4/27/03 9:24:35 pm
</i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next