Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reign of Fire
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:29 am 
Master Pilot

I just watched Reign of Fire--I was bummed it had SO much potential--I'm voting 4 Christian Bale 2 play Covenant! He impressed me--nothing else, except 4 the dragons, impressed me...turned in2 a cartoon in the end, ala Total Recall. The idea gets a 9, the movie itself a 5-
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/28/02 1:15:40 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:07 am 
Lady Scryer

Ah, but Danlo, the dragons were SO cool! "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:37 pm 
Master Pilot

The Matrix....wow! 9/10!!! Wicked cool, I just saw it for the first time last night!! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:19 pm 
Master Pilot

Oh the Matrix Rocks! And the sequel is coming out soon. Have u ever seen Dark City! Damm that's a freaky film! Another cool movie, along Matrix lines, is The Thirteenth Floor. No where near as action-packed, but very interesting! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Matrix
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:03 am 
Lady Scryer

I've never seen that one -- you guys would both recommend it then?? Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Matrix
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:25 am 
Master Pilot

U MUST SEE THAT MOVIE!!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:07 pm 
Master Pilot

Eh. Its pretty good, but a VERY chilling vision of the future. Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:06 am 
Master Pilot

OMG .. you havent seen the Matrix duchess??

the Matrix rocks big time!!! It is one of my all time favs!!

I love that movie!! and I still dont have it on dvd yet!! but its just a matter of time!!

I cant wait till Matrix 2 in 2003!! far out its killing me waiting!!

I didnt like Dark City or whatever as much .. my partner liked it more than I did .. it was too weird .. maybe I should see it again ..

13th floor was just ok .. imho .. Matrix is the coolest sci-fi there is .. health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Movie Ratings
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:45 am 
Lady Scryer

Well, with all three of you saying that it's good, maybe I'll rent it this weekend if I have time! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Movie Ratings
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:51 am 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I came home tonight and my wife was curled up on the couch in the basement with the dog curled up next to her and one of the cats in her lap, watching that Matrix movie, with a big grin on her face, looking so sweet and sexy I could barely stand it.
The movie looked pretty fine, too.
I asked her if we could watch it again later, because I walked in halfway and couldn't figure out what was going on. She smiled and looked at me with those huge green eyes and said "But of course!" Have you hugged your cat today?<i></i>

Post subject: matrix
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:02 am 
Lady Scryer

At least 9 of 10, maybe 10 of 10. Blew me away!! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

Post subject: Re: matrix
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:22 am 
Master Pilot

And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Post subject: Immortal Beloved
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:06 am 
Lady Scryer

An old favorite of mine, because it's the story of one of my favorite classical composers, Beethoven. While it's not as good as Amadeus, it still manages to be a pretty good movie -- and has the best soundtrack ever! I saw it on dvd for the first time this weekend. Not a lot of extras on disc, but the sound makes your mouth drop open!
And what's with all of the classical composers? They seem to be the rock stars of their day! Amadeus showed Mozart as, well an *ss, and this one shows Beethoven, as well, an *ss.
But an enjoyable movie nonetheless, even my husband stopped reading the sports page to watch it (a miracle in and of itself!) About 7 of 10, just listening to all of that achingly passionate music is great!
Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

Post subject: Fraility
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:23 pm 
Master Pilot

Yes, I was very tired last night but Fraility didn't hold my interest @ all...I had 2 turn it off 1/2 way thru...I heard such great things about it, but am ready 2 return it 2 the vid store...any1 else seen this movie? I mean I love Powers Boothe (the Emerald Forest is a masterpiece!) and McConaghey--(both great 2gether in Lonestar, btw!) some1 please tell me the 1/2 half is worth watching...please??? And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Post subject: Re: Fraility
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:36 pm 
Lady Scryer

I haven't seen that movie, Lord Danlo, so I can't help you out. I did pick up About A Boy, though, which I hope to watch this weekend. A lot of my friends have told me that it's GREAT! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next