Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Changing Lanes
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:37 am 
Master Pilot

most definitely!!!

a sequel is on its way!!

I loved Spider-man!! mmm ... but like you I didnt take to the green goblin .. badly cast imho. But the movie as a whole - neglecting the green gob .. was excellent!! I thought I would hate the special effects .. but they were quite good too!

I am looking forward to the sequel .. as I am the Harry Potter seq .. and most definitely the Two Towers movie!!!

health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Monty Python and the Holy Grail!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:31 pm 
Master Pilot

I loved Monty Python! 10/10.....extremely funny! The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Monty Python and the Holy Grail!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:06 pm 
Master Pilot

Look out Sky will go nuts w/MP! "We are French, I fart in your general direction!"
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:27 am 
Master Pilot

Soldier: 'Allo! 'Oo is it?

Arthur: It is I, King Arthur, and these are my knights of the Round Table.

Whose castle is this?

S: This is the castle of my master, Guy de Lombard.

A: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.

S: Well, I'll ask 'im, but I don't think 'e'll be very keen-- 'e's already got one, you see?

A: What?

Lancelot: He says they've already *got* one!

A: (confused) Are you *sure* he's got one?

S: Oh yes, it's ver' naahs.

(to the other soldiers I told 'em we've already *got* one!

(they snicker)

A: (taken a bit off balance) Well... ah, um...        Can we come up and have a look?

S: Of course not! You are English types.

A: Well, what are you then?

S: (Indignant) Ah'm French! Why do you think I have this out-rrrageous accent, you silly king?!

Galahad: What are you doing in *England*?

S: Mind your own business!

A: If you will not show us the Grail, we shall take your castle by force!

S: You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person! Ah blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur Keeeng"! You and all your silly English Knnnnnnnn-ighuts!!!

(the soldier proceeds to bang on his helmet with his hands and stick out his tongue at the knights, making strange noises.)

Galahad: What a strange person.

A: (getting mad) Now look here, my good ma--

S: Ah don' wanna talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food-trough wiper! Ah fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!

Galahad: Is there someone else up there we can talk to?

S: No!! Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

The Holy Grail .. very cool and very funny!! definitely a 10/10!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:04 pm 
Master Pilot

"Come back here and fight like a man! I'll bite ur bloody ankle off!" BK...
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:14 pm 
Master Pilot

"I say! Theres some good looking filth over here!"
*Ding* "Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!"

The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Movie Ratings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:40 pm 
Master Pilot

Changing Lanes: 9/10....very good, nice scene movement, and excellent plot. The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

Post subject: Victory
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:08 pm 
Master Pilot

While I REALLY liked this movie alot--un42nately, I have 2 give it an 8, instead of a 9. Great cast! Willem DaFoe, Sam Neill and the absolutely gorgeous Irene Jacob. Fabulous scenery and great treatment of pre-WW1 Dutch East Indies--dark story! The more literary types out there have already guessed, by now, that this is based on a Joseph Conrad story. It's not ez 2 turn Conrad in2 the big screen--The Heart of Darkness is about the only 1/2 way transferable book, where as The Secret Sharer might b a better book, but almost impossible 2 convert. Neill and Rufus Sewell steal the show! C Movies topic 4 full review!

I kno it can't b overdubbing but I've noticed both in Spidey and Victory that Dafoe is now begining 2 sound a little bit like a character in a import Martial Arts film. His lips don't xactly move in sync w/what he's saying... It's kind of strange...

Sam Neill is SO crazy in Victory that I give him the Lord Foul award! It could b that Neill and Rufus Sewell, as an xtremly slimy cutthroat who bounces around the island better than Gollum, made this film a 9, but Dafoe's voice, NOT his acting which was 6 times better than in Spidey, knocks it down 1 notch...odd--FIRE THE SOUND EDITOR!!!

Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/28/02 1:10:22 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Victory
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:29 am 
Master Pilot

mmm .. havent seen it! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:39 am 
Master Pilot

Well go c it! Or rent it if u can!
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:54 am 
Master Pilot

mmm .. okey dokely .. then!!

Post subject: Men in Black 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:10 pm 
Lady Scryer

I finally caught up with this one on video. I loved the first one, had high hopes, but for some reason, this movie just didn't do much for me. It just wasn't as fun...
Maybe 5 out of 10?
On the other hand I watched a couple more with my kids that I enjoyed. Spirit 7 out of 10 - gorgeous western US scenery, but marked down due to white male bashing.
Lilo & Stitch - about 8 out of 10. I liked the lil monster. "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Men in Black 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:30 pm 
Master Pilot

Cant get over your Pokemon: the Movie post! lol Further up, and further in!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Men in Black 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

I don't know whether or not you have children, but every word is true!!! "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

Post subject: Reign of Fire
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

The movie itself I didn't care for much...
But the dragons were really cool! In fact, I was rooting for them to eat all of the more inane and irritating human characters (nearly every one of them except for the little kids and a couple of others).
Guess I was taking a walk on the dark side when I watched it last night! Probably 'cause it was 2AM!
Maybe 5 out of 10, just because the dragons were so well done?
I might watch it again sometime, just to cheer for the dragons, next time I'm in a mood to be evil.
I was actually sort of enjoying the movie as a whole until the Americans showed up to save the day, I thought it sort of started going downhill at about that point... "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 12/16/02 1:53:45 pm
</i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next