[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Movie Ratings

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Movie Ratings
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 pm 
Master Pilot

I tend to forget that not everyone lives close to an IMAX, and that they remain rare compared to regular movie theatres. I don't know when exactly IMAX was launched, but our city must have been one of the early birds, because our IMAX opened way back in 1987. It's also just a 15-minute walk from my apartment (one benefit of living downtown).

Yeah, IMAX prices are steep...although, I have to say that in Avatar's case, its $15.00 charge wasn't all that much more than the regular 3D version ($13.00). So I'd say IMAX 3D gives you more bang for your buck. Honestly, after seeing the crispness of Avatar on IMAX, the regular 3D version seems like a distant and blurry memory. Menolly, it's fabulous you got to stay at a Disney resort while seeing Avatar.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:23 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
seriously

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 pm 
Master Pilot

What are some other ways Duchess could be persuaded to go?
Does this board support subliminal messaging? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:13 am 
Master Pilot

Don't look at me. Seems like every time I see an IMAX movie, I fall asleep. :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Old message from Avatar, regarding Katheryn Bigelow's Strange Days. The 1995 movie stars Angela Basset, Liam Neesom, Juliette Lewis and it main topic is New Year's Eve 1999 and new technology that allows emotional recordings to be made of a person's experiences and the illegal, black market that has evolved in trading these recordings. It's an excellent, excellent movie in my opinion it's Blade Runner good. I don't remember any squid heads on humans in it.

W/T are forever

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 am 
The UnTitled

Nah, the devices that the people wore to allow their emoions/perceptions to be recorded were called "squids" because of their tentacle-like attachments. Excellent movie. :D (I just watched it again the other day.)

--A

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

Went to see Iron Man 2 last night. It was largely various explosions and action scenes, and thus did entertain me greatly, which is all I can ask of a summer action blockbuster. 8)

Those who enjoyed the first one might like this one, too. Those who hated the first one will probably dislike this one even more. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:05 am 
Master Pilot

Saw "The Last Airbender" today. Most reviews I'd seen said it wasn't very good, and fans of the TV show have apparently been complaining about the casting (mainly because they believe certain characters should not have been white). But I really liked it. Hoping it makes enough money for them to make movies 2 and 3. 8)

My books:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:58 am 
Master Pilot

The Last Airbender. However, M. Night Shamaladingdong directed it seems to a guarantee of it being a mess.

W/T are forever

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:12 pm 
Master Pilot

:lol: He doesn't seem to have a very good track record, does he?

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 pm 
The Timekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:11 pm 
Pilot

I want to see Captain America. I remember the short lived TV series, which I thought was better than The Incredible Hulk but it was taken off the air.

Just watched "Hunter Prey" on Netflix streaming. Not excellent but I think many of the forum members would enjoy it. It was unpredictable enough to keep me guessing which is unusual. Worth the watch IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:13 am 
The Timekeeper

What's the big deal with Spirited Away...I admit the animation is groundbreaking, but I thought it was just weird and gross. Grace thought it was weird and too long.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22