Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Annoying Habbits
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:16 am 
Master Pilot

eww I just thought of another ..

lecturers do it all the time .. they bead!!

you know when they talk .. they have a string of saliva that beads between their lips!!

I hate that!!!

and sometimes they even spray!!

ewwwwww .. thats nasty!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:58 pm 
Master Pilot

People that wear short pants!! LOL...wait thats not a habit... Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:34 am 
Master Pilot

Hey! I wear shorts all the time!:"> Now people who wear nothing below the waist, xcept 4 Julianne Moore , annoy the HELLFIRE out of me!!! u kno what I ccan not deal w/at all? People who wear socks (especially white socks) in their sandals!!!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:45 am 
Master Pilot

No, no. Not shorts, short pants. Im okay w/shorts...I guess
Socks and sandals just dont mix, man! Dont play w/fire! :"> Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:53 am 
Master Pilot

are you talking long shorts?? as in over your knee???

shorts like that are cool!! .. and really long ones like 3/4 length!!

you dont want to be caught dead being a guy and wearing really short shorts!! .. so not cool!!!

oh yeah socks and sandals creep me out too!! .. and moreso when people insist on wearing long socks and pull them way up!! oh puhlease!!

and hike their britches/pants up under their arm pits .. or like you know .. way up!! just nasty!!

oh yeah and people who tuck their shirts in!!

sometimes its acceptable .. but definitely never with track pants and rarely ever with jeans .. unless your a girly!! then its ok some of the time .. but it depends!!

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:06 pm 
Lady Scryer

O H MY G O D!
you guys have all just described my husband!
he wears long socks with sandals and short shorts.
he never uses his blinkies when he drives.
he's always on his cell phone, both while driving and in restaurants...
he doesn't chew with his mouth open or do the beading/spitting things or mouth noises, though he always makes these horrible loud snorts instead of blowing his nose...

but who am i to complain? i am a fingernail chewer, and the obnoxious person who yells "SHUT UP!" in the movie theater when other people are talking during the movie... "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Freaky! Whats wrong w/fingernail biting?? People always have a problem when I bite them... Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:29 pm 
Lady Scryer

I dunno. It drives people nuts, though. I've actually had people slap my hands before! Well, it was one person. A coworker. "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:07 am 
Master Pilot

Use ur blinker, dang it, californiababy! He dresses like a nerd? U kno the old joke about people who wear socks in their sandals don't u? NARC! but how would I kno about that, I'm 2 innocent! yeah right! (p.s. I applaud people who yell shut up in a theater!)

So now I have a new list--people who talk in theaters! And why do people have 2 bring crying babies (not calif! ) in 2 the theater? I can take them during Scooby, Stuart Little or Rugrats--but NOT during a film where the audience is composed of adults.

Another thing that bugs both me and Tamara, aside from little kids in certian restaurants, is people who argue or get grumpy in restaurants! I totally hate that! It's not ur house! It's a public place--people should go out 2 have fun! People used 2 respect other people in restaurants--now there full of nasty people, cell phone talkers, crying kids people and argueing people. Tamara even tells me that some people take their squeeze 2 restaurants just 2 break up with them! Yeah that's great ruin my dinner with ur personal probs! Oh I hate that!! B nice or stay home!!

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/16/02 11:24:24 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:16 am 
Lady Scryer

That's so gross and mean! Why would anyone want to dump someone in public? Yuck! :">

Kids belong in kid movies and in some, but not all restaurants. In a Big Boy or Applebees, kids are just fine. In a $30/dinner nice place for a special date, not fine. in an intense R rated movie with lots of violence, not fine.

As you can probably tell, from one of my bad habits, I'm not too keen on people talking during movies myself. I expect it and can deal with it at kids' movies and midnight showings of cult flicks like Monty Python and the Holy Grail -- then yelling along with the dialog and clapping together your coconut shells is part of the fun. But if its a first run movie that I haven't seen -- NO. "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:28 am 
Master Pilot

I'm with the girl...
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:10 pm 
Lady Scryer

I would like to add something about my hubby and the long white socks he wears with the sandals...when we first got married he had this weird rare autoimmune skin disease, and his right shin is a mass of scar tissue. I think he wears the socks because he's so self concious about it. He only goes sockless in public when he's going into the water (beach, pool, what have you).
The daisey duke shorts are another matter! I've tried throwing them out dozens of times, but he keeps fishing them out of the garbage!:"> :"> :"> :"> :"> hh hh hh "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:23 pm 
Lady Scryer

I found a new really irritating habit last night.
My younger son and I went to see the Two Towers. Every show was a complete sell-out and the theater (one of those huge ones with something like twenty screens and stadium seating and the works) was incredibly crowded. We had thought to get some quick junk food there for dinner, so we got into this looooooooooooong line for the hotdogs & burgers and it turned out that the line was all held up because the woman in the front was having the counter clerks TEST ALL OF THE HOT DOGS WITH A MEAT THERMOMETER. Yes, that's right. She was holding up about thirty people because she wouldn't take the hot dogs unless they were 170 degrees -- and the thermometer kept saying 169 degrees, so she wouldn't take 'em! I have a sneaky feeling that the counter clerk might have just been playing with her head, though, because she was being such a pain.
Anyway, that's my new pet peeve. Someone who inconveniences scads of other people because of sheer pickiness and obstinancy.
We never DID get our food! :"> "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:33 am 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can always tell when my wife's asthma is acting up because she snores. She doesn't normally snore, only when she's sick, but it's still annoying.
She also complains about my cell phone use in restaurants. I have to take the calls because I run my own business. But she can't seem to understand this! My kids can't, either.
And she nags me because I'm busy and run late most of the time.
Have you hugged your cat today?<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:56 am 
Master Pilot

That's cool as long as u put it on vibrate (more fun that way ) and run off 2 someplace where people can't hear u! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/4/03 11:40:55 am
</i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next