Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sci-Fi Movies
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:32 pm 
Master Pilot

I can't wait 4 Minority Report 2 come out--Speilberg directs Cruise--Vanilla Sky is an xtremely cool sci-fi 2, btw...promos look fantastic! Report is based on P. K. Dick's works as well! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:10 am 
Master Pilot

Just watched Contact based on the book of the same name by Carl Sagan(sp?). I read the book twice & they did a nice job on the movie (Zemecis directed) <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:20 am 
Master Pilot

yes: it is very cool Earthy! McConagey and Foster do some very nice work! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:32 am 
Master Pilot

Aside from the ending of Total Recall it seems that P. K. Dick's short stories make GREAT films: Minority Report, Screamers, Impostor and, of course, Blade Runner! (see Philip K Dick thread 4 more!) The guy who plays "warden" or keeper of the "haloed" in Minority Report is a quintessential Dickansian character!!! (bet u didn't think I could spell quintessential! ) And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/22/07 2:51 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:44 pm 
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Space Balls! My mom and brother and I have most of it memorized and we say the dialog along with the video! And may the best wrestler win!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:50 am 
Master Pilot

sounds like us around the dinner table doing MP!!

SCI-FI GREATS

Terminator 1 .. 2 and soon to see 3!!
Alien and co .. ofcourse ..
Fifth element .. all time fav
if your talking funny .. Galaxy Quest!! love that flick
The recent Star Trek movie was good .. forget its name
Contact was ok .. would have liked more
Pitch black!!
Total recall!!
6th day!! another Schwarzenegger doozey!!

there are sooo many good ones .. mixed in with a few floppers!!

Starship Troopers was a goodie!! love that film!!

havent seen space balls .. but it has come up lots lately .. maybe have to check it out!! 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:50 pm 
Master Pilot

4 Sky! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:14 pm 
Master Pilot

I watched 28 Days Later last night, which maybe should be discussed in the horror forum, I guess - it deals with zombies, but they're the result of science gone bad, not the supernatural.

Anyhow, it was good, but not great. Some stylish cinematography in parts, fairly standard last-people-on-earth plot. Might make a good Halloween movie. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:04 am 
Master Pilot

ahhhh i sees ya hav' one already then do yas?

thanks danlo but if my post has been deleted .. i cant remember what i said lol

i'll have to read up and see what you guys have already said 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:23 pm 
Master Pilot

You almost said the same thing you did on page 1 of this thread--at least your views r consistent! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/9/03 4:15 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

Today I watched the Animatrix, a series of nine short anime stories set in the Matrix universe.
One of them (in two parts), called The Second Renaissance, was a prequel to the Matrix. Another, called Final Flight of the Osiris was a bridge story between the events of the Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded.
Some of the others were just plain fun, like A Detective Story which tells the tale of a detective sent after Trinity...others. like Program were very moving...
All of them had very high quality animation and were well done. Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Perhaps I'll come for you myself some night. You ought to see me...my fur is white now, pale as snow,but the stature, the majesty, the power, those have not left me...We are the direwolves, the nightmares who haunt your racial memories, the dark shapes circling endlessly beyond the light of your fires.~George R.R. Martin<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:33 pm 
Lady Scryer

This weekend we finally got a chance to watch Matrix Reloaded. The action scenes are first rate, and the chocolate cake scene gave me the giggles...but it just seemed to be lacking the suspense and mystery of the first film somehow...I guess I just never felt as if the main characters were truly threatened, so a lot of the suspense was gone... ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

Perhaps I'll come for you myself some night. You ought to see me...my fur is white now, pale as snow,but the stature, the majesty, the power, those have not left me...We are the direwolves, the nightmares who haunt your racial memories, the dark shapes circling endlessly beyond the light of your fires.~George R.R. Martin<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/9/03 4:16 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:07 pm 
Master Pilot

i am totally sold on the entire Matrix franchise .. I loved em all .. I saw Revolutions on Monday and it was brilliant .. as I have come to expect and have not been disappointed.

I agree the 2nd was less so .. but i still enjoyed it

the 3rd was back on par with the 1st imho .. it was awesome! 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:05 pm 
Lady Scryer

I have to put in a good word for the film Serenity here, even though it has it's own thread. Very well made and well done film. Interesting plot, great characters. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi at: 3/6/06 10:49 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:11 pm 
Master Pilot

Regarding Serenity, Duchess. One could be tempted to say that Joss Whedon guy knows what he's doing! :LOL Crack my self up. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html
Buff_fans_Chicago http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/buffy_fans_chicago/<i></i>