Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: What r u reading in general?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:25 pm 
Master Pilot

A Sea of Swords has caught my eye a # of times on the used-book shelves. Please let me kno what u think! Always good 2 c u LadyIce!!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:04 am 
Master Pilot

Tomorrow Im going to Barnes and Nobles to get That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis(duh). The planet he saw appeared to have continents that looked surprisingly like Northern Europe and North America. Ransom realized it was Earth he was seeing-Thulcandra, the Silent Planet <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:48 am 
Master Pilot

Now begining A Clash of Kings--50 pages in and totally in2 it! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:36 pm 
Pilot

I'm reading The Return of the King and I'm at chapter 5. I should have it finished by Tuesday so after that I will start The Hottest State by Ethan Hawke and then The Game of Thrones by GRRM
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:54 am 
Master Pilot

I'm reading TIW at the moment. I've also started Unfinished Tales, but I haven't gotten very far because I'm engrossed in TCTC.

Mhoram, where is your sig from? It looks very familiar, but I can't place it.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:29 am 
Master Pilot

In Out of the Silent Planet[part of the Space Trilogy] there is a paragraph w/the same basic ideas as my signature, I just paraphrased it and shortened it. It looks pretty good actually. The planet he saw appeared to have continents that looked surprisingly like Northern Europe and North America. Ransom realized it was Earth he was seeing-Thulcandra, the Silent Planet <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:48 am 
Master Pilot

Out of the Silent Planet...sounds vaguely familiar...have I read it? *ponders*

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:11 am 
Master Pilot

I doubt it. The main character is Ransom. Written by C.S. Lewis. Takes place on Malacandra(Mars). Life is a game, play it well, play it wisely. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:56 pm 
Pilot

I finished LOTR and have decided to move on to The Silmarillion because Beren won't stop bugging me about it and hinting at it to read <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:45 pm 
Master Pilot

Go beren--he has me storming through A Clash of Kings and is trying 2 get me 2 read Stephen Erikson @ the same time. A tuff taskmaster, he is! "Read u will..." Yoda CAMLOST7
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/28/02 7:46:56 am
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:41 am 
Lady Scryer

Recently read The Nanny Diaries by McLaughlin, and it made me very glad that I'm not rich. Well, maybe those particular parents would have been freakizoids even if they hadn't been rich. Uggg.

Also just got done with Alice Sebold's (spelling?) The Lovely Bones. I thought it would be depressing, as it's about a little girl who is raped and murdered by a psychopath, and the affect on this on her family, but it was actually somewhat uplifting. I liked all of the different heavens -- each person had his/her own, though there is some overlap, and as your soul matures you go to different heavens. The little girl's initial heaven is filled with puppies. Love and friendship never die.

The other book I read and liked recently, was by Chevelier, The Girl with the Pearl Earring. It was set in the household of Vermier, who is one of my favorite Dutch masters. Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:43 pm 
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird. And may the best wrestler win!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:55 pm 
Master Pilot

So I was cleaning my brother's room for Passover, and guess what I found underneath all the junk in his room?

Out of the Silent Planet.

I think I may have read it at some point, or at least part of it, and just forgot that I'd read it...

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:39 am 
Master Pilot

I'm gonna try to tackle Orwell's 1984. Wish me luck. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:32 am 
Master Pilot

Look out! Big Brother is watching u! Along w/1984 I recommend Bradbury's Farenheit 451, Brave New World and Brin's, non-fiction, The Transperant Society. Another cool book along those lines tho it can b stuffy @ time is the old A Nation of Sheep by Eric Rohm. And just 2 break up the monotony: Player Piano by Vonnegut...intense, funny anti-social stuff! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next