Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How I met your mother
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:33 am 
Master Pilot

How I met your mother. A freshman 30 minute sitcom on CBS showing on Monday evenings (7.30 Chicago time) Starring Josh Radnor, Neal Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan, Jason Segal. Finally, a sitcom that I can enjoy after almost 30 yrs of stuff I could not tolerate. This is told in retrospective from a point 25 yrs in the future. There is little I do not enjoy about this except for the episode introductions by the insipidly vapid Bob Sagat. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

Post subject: Re: How I met your mother
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:41 pm 
Master Pilot

I enjoy it, Aylson is cute beyond words...gotto back Neal "Doogie" P. Harris since he's from Albq. Also it's a good buffer around my fav show, Two & a half Men *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/29/06 1:34 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: How I met your mother
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:09 pm 
Master Pilot

Danlo, glad you're enjoying HIMYM. Some geeky trivia about the show, the wife of one of the producers was a HUGE fan of Whedonverse things, and that's one of the reasons Ms. Hannigan is on the show. Remembering back to the time before its premier, ATT, Alyson had an additional pilot she had worked on, a sitcom with Ed O'Neill and Jennifer Love Hewitt that never went anywhere, she gave up on that series and threw her lot in with the HIMYM crew. More trivia, in MIMYM's premier season, during the last few episodes a collegue of Robin's made some appearances, News Anchor Sandy Rivers and he had definitely amorous intentions on Robin, and Sandy Rivers was played by Alexis Denisoff, who played Wesley Wyndham-Price on BtVS and AtS and IRL is married to Alyson. And in another episode this season Morena Bacarin, Inara from Firefly and Serenity, was a guest star.

YEah, I like the show. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Buffy fans Chicago
my livej<i></i>