Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Worst Movie Ever
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:14 am 
Master Pilot

Gee I guess ranoff was right--we do have differing tastes: I really liked The Crying Game & The Deep Blue Sea, hmmmm.... The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:17 am 
Pilot

And I liked King Ralph! It just came on TV this weekend and I realized how long it's been since I've seen it....and I still like it!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:01 am 
Master Pilot

can't say I've seen the Crying Game or King Ralph .. but it would seem I have not missed much lol health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:21 am 
Master Pilot

Snow falling on cedars .. blech!!

I know there are others .. but this one is cemented to my mind for some reason .. mayhap because of the related trauma of being coerced into seeing this movie - you know how it goes - partners 'birthday' choice ... and blech!! ..
.. can you believe it?? who would 'choose' to see a wet movie like that for their birthday even??

then my sweet does enjoy drama's .. for some reason .. and I .. well .. errr .. blech .. well .. its got to be pretty good to win me over

I will be back with other revolting movies when I can think of some I loathed more than this one health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Defending Cedars
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:13 pm 
Master Pilot

I take great umbarage toward ur review of Snow Falling on Cedars. I guess my prob was that I read the book 1st--that tainted me already towards the movie--the book was great! And I thought the movie was a very good rendition of the book. Different strokes...u also have 2 b in the right mood 4 the movie...The book explores the Japanese POW camps a little more in depth...if the movie did that u would understand what's really going on alot much better! (how do u like that BAD grammar Mrs. Estello? )
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

Post subject: Bad children's movies!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:21 am 
Lady Scryer

With a grown-up movie there is no problem if its a stinker! You can just walk out!
When it's a children's movie that a real stinker, if your kids like it, you're trapped!
I would like to nominate Pokemon the First Movie as perhaps one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I swear to you, it seemed to take ten hours to get through that thing! "What did you say to the Emperor about me?" "He wanted to know what I saw in you.I told him that you poured out honor like a fountain, all around you." "That's weird. I don't feel full of honor, or anything else, except maybe confusion." "Naturally not. Fountains keep nothing for themselves."<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Bad movies!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:56 pm 
Pilot

I agree Plan 9 from Outer Space was so unbelievably bad it was good. From Dusk Till Dawn and Conan the Barbarian are among my favorite movies, and Pulp Fiction wasn't bad.

I find I have blocked several very bad movies utterly from my mind. From those I remember, I couldn't finish watching American Pie (a favorite of my brother's) or Fargo. I think Close Encounters of a Third Kind is horribly overrated and horribly boring, and I didn't strictly speaking finish it either because by the time the UFO finally landed I was too brain-numb to care about the whole thing any more and missed the final few minutes of the film. Once in school we were showed the first movie ever made in Finland, called Ollin oppivuodet, and it totally sucked. Fortunately the limited duration of the class relieved us from having to see it all. I did see all of Needful Things, a movie which is nothing short of a butchery of one of Stephen King's better books with production quality comparable to Ollin oppivuodet. <i></i>

Post subject: WOrst ever
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:10 am 
Pilot

2 words... Cable Guy

They should do this to Jim Carrey for ever even considering doing this movie!!!! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:19 am 
Master Pilot

There are some badly made movies. A couple stand out from the others in their badness. There is the cheeziest of horror movies from the middle seventies, a D.C. beauracrate (maybe played by Dean Stockwell, maybe not) is turned into a werewolf. And Michael Dunne, the actor who played the brillantly the villian in the Wild, Wild West TV series, Doctor Loveless, plays here an evil government scientist who wants to use the werewolf as a secret weapon. Then there is one brillantly bad scene where the scientist makes pals with the werewolf and says dialogue, "good boy" and "what a nice wolf" and the were just becomes a simpering lapdog, licking the scientist hand. A scene that lives forever in the annals of badness. The name of this stinker, might be Werewolf of Washington, but I am not sure.

Another two movies I don't particularly like and think are not very good. Endless Love with Brooke Shield and some Zack guy. I left the movie saying 'huh'. This movie convinced me Brooke Shield was not an actress. Another one that I did not get Eyes wide Shut. After watching over half of this I was left with two questions, what's with all the weird chanting? and 'what the fricking hell was all the fuss about?' Rich people play weird games with masks on, who the hell would care? taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

Post subject: Worst movie ever.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:21 am 
Pilot

Has anyone here ever watched "Beloved"? That movie gave me nightmares for weeks. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Worst movie ever.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:31 pm 
Lady Scryer

I have skipped that one--I have heard that it is very disturbing...

This Werewolf of Washington, though -- now that one might be worth watching for the laughter factor... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
****Tavern Wench of DOGMA, the Defenders of George Martin's Art****<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:55 pm 
Master Pilot

Beloved was a dang good movie--perhaps it's better talked about in the Horror forum... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:01 am 
Master Pilot

2 words .. Get Shorty .. worst film ever lol 'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:00 pm 
Master Pilot

Nerdanel wrote a while ago Quote:I couldn't finish watching American Pie (a favorite of my brother's) or Fargo.

I can easily see how AP would not be everyones cuppa tea. But in the class of "goofy, teenage sex spoof flicks" it is way better than the rest. This class includes movies like Porkies series, Can't hardly wait, Boys an Girls, etc. The goofyness of the characters, but they become more than their stereotypes. Even Stiffler, who althought he does change much, but all the really crappy stuff seems to happen to his character, so it's better.

Fargo. One of my dad's favorite movies, my mom likes it too. It is so off beat and strange, dark comedy at maybe its best. taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:27 pm 
Master Pilot

I love Fargo! Yah! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>