Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Worst Movie Ever
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:14 am 
Master Pilot

<b> OK, so it may not work with books because you can just stop reading, but what about the worst movie you ever had to sit through?
What is the movie that ranks so low that it becomes the standard for judging all the other bad movies?
Without any doubt, the worst one I've ever seen was <i> The Blade Master</i> (also called <i> Ator the Invincible</i>). It was set in prehistoric times, but that didn't stop the people from having a bomb and hang gliding!
I would have said <i> Plan Nine from Outer Space</i>, but that one was so bad, it became funny, and I really enjoyed the cheeziness of it. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Worst Movie Ever
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Well I tought long and hard about it and, aside from the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (and some old Japanese Sci-Fis where u can c the strings dangling from the little spaceships) My 1st 2 would HAVE 2 b Marco Polo and Boxing Helena. Marco Polo has GOT 2 b the WORST piece of crap I've ever seen! Boxing Helena--tho it's got a good cast: Julian Sands (great in Warlock and the Rose Red mini-series) and Mira Sorvino--there's just something very wrong about that movie! Plot is 2 weird 4 it's own good, good actors being pushed in directions that it's apparent they don't want 2 go-I just don't kno-it's just 2 weird and stupid 2 bother w/. A 3rd 1 that I won't even bother 2 describe is Tequila Body Shots--I can sum it up like this: If Joey Lawrence is the only person who can actually act in a movie "high heaven" would banish the stink b4 it even tried 2 get there. Tamara can't stand Pulp Fiction--I couldn't stand it when I saw it sober--but when I wasn't it was great!!! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:15 am 
Master Pilot

It would appear the Lady Tamara is possessed of a most admirable discerning taste!

I never saw Pulp Fiction .. so of this I can make no comment .. but I did see 'Get Shorty' which was made in a similar vain .. by the same director .. and it was CRAP!!

I sat in the cinema .. through the whole movie and not a chuckle forthcame .. and further to its overt lack of comedic value .. it was entirely reprehensible in its dalliances with domestic violence. If not for the presence of my brother and his wife .. my own beloved and I would have left the theatre after the first scene! (or thereabouts) health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:04 pm 
Master Pilot

This is a good topic. Now we can avoid these movies like the plague. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/22/03 10:24 am
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:20 pm 
Master Pilot

Even tho Harrison Ford is fantastic--c: Willis, Ford & Gibson in Actors topic...Hanover Street was a real Stinker-fell asleep 3 xs. Striking Distance w/Willis is particularly bad and very 2 dimensional. I couldn't stand From Dusk 2 Dawn by the dreaded Quinton Tarantino, as mentioned above! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/5/02 11:14:02 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:12 am 
Master Pilot

Four words: Dude, Where's My Car.

Saw that movie 'cause my friend wanted to. Spent the whole time sitting in the theater saying, "This is supposed to be <i> funny??</i>"

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:04 pm 
Master Pilot

oh yeah and I saw Zoolander last night because someone said it was a hoot!! Shoot!! that was a mistake .. had a few funny bits but all in all it was innane 'humour' and occassionally not a little crass!

it said if you liked Dumb and Dumber .. you would enjoy it .. but I loved D&D .. but found this really wanting .. each to their own I guess .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:01 pm 
Pilot

Conan the Barbarian. Sorry, guys. Maybe I just wasn't into it, or maybe it was because I saw it with a guy who thought it was fabulous (I broke up with him shortly thereafter), but I just thought it was dumb.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:56 pm 
Master Pilot

I love that movie ... and yeah it is dumb!! hehe health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:51 pm 
Pilot

You know, I'm having problems remembering the title's of all such movies.......perhaps I've blocked them out???

Conan the Barbarian did come to mind though. But I never knew whether or not it was the movie or the company that I objected to. I've not watched it since then & would hate to judge it prematurely.

Now Pulp Fiction is another matter; I could only make it through the first 15 minute & then out of the VCR it came & back to the store.....blah.....

Coercri <i>Edited by: Coercri2 at: 6/15/02 3:56:38 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:11 am 
Pilot

It's all relative. I really liked "Pulp Fiction" and "Conan the Barbarian" and thought "Dude were's my Car" and "Zoolander" were hilarious.... Some are reallstinkers "King Ralph" and something with Sylvester Stallone as a 1920 gangster ....these are two I actually sat through,there are countless ones I just didn't finish. "Blair Witch" was awful. But I like old really bad movies like Mystery Science Theater 3000 and the old Japanese Godzilla Verses movies. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:22 am 
Master Pilot

ranoff! U and king Theoden have alot 2 talk about then--he is a major MST3000 buff--I think he's videotaped almost all! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:35 pm 
Master Pilot

Do not, I repeat do not, c Hard Cash!!! I should have known just by it's title it was horrible! Takes 3 very good actors; Christian Slater, Val Kilmer and Darryl Hannah and makes utter fools of them! They all go through the film w/these "Alright, dammit, get this over w/when do we get paid?" looks. This crappy video that I had 2 turn off 1/2 way through and was tempted 2 throw thru the video store's window is the studio's way 2 make $ simply by using 3 very good names--and it fooled more than me--every1 was renting it!--Please don't b duped in2 wasting ur "Hard" earned "Cash"! Yes, they play thieves in this movies, but it isn't movie $ they're after.... The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Conqeror with John Wayne playing Genghis Kahn. You talk about miscasting! Filmed near a nucleur test site in Utah, many of the cast developed cancer. Unintentionally funny, it would be perfect for MST 3K. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 11/22/03 10:29 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:28 am 
Pilot

Every movie ever done in MST3K for starters! (thats of course why thery were one on MST). Other then that, The Crying Game. It is the worst movie I have seen because I thought it might be a good flick. Deep Blue Sea, that was horrible. I could list about a 100 I think LOL
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>