Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: bumpersnickers!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 11:39 pm 
Master Pilot

I love silly bumperstickers! Here's a couple of my faves: Jesus is coming...look busy! and God is coming...she's big, black and boy is she pissed! I saw a great 1 coming out of the theater 2day & I must share it w/u: If u choke a smurf what color do they turn?--I also like: If u tailgate me I'll flick a booger on ur windshield. Please share, and try 2 keep it clean! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/3/02 8:31:35 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: bumpersnickers!
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 1:52 am 
Master Pilot

How can I be over the hill if I've never been to the top?

Cleopatra, Queen of Denial. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 1:54 am 
Master Pilot

Most of what I see are not decent enough to print, but I did see a funny one years ago (It's kinda been my favorite):
I owe. I owe. It's off to work I go. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:45 pm 
Master Pilot

I can't stand those ones that say, "My child is on the honor roll at <insert school name here>.

But I do get a chuckle out of the one that says:

My child beat up your honor roll student.

(My husband is <i> not at all</i> amused by that one.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:02 am 
Master Pilot

<b> Being a teacher, I'm drawn to the ones that say, "If you can read this, thank a teacher." I've seen the one that you are talking about MMM, and they are funny in a strange way: they put down honor roll parents, but at the same time, they take the doting parents down a notch! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:50 am 
Master Pilot

I like those little hanging signs that replaced the "Baby on Board" w/"Baby I'm Bored" and bumperstickers that say "My Dau/Son and my $ go 2 _____ University" Also "I are an college student" and "x-husband in trunk". Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/25/02 8:57:26 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:13 pm 
Master Pilot

This is from Tamara: "I want to be just like Barbie, that bitch has everything!" How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:38 pm 
Master Pilot

OK, OK I'm hogging the thread but I'm totally in love w/this 1: What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about? The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/30/02 3:46:49 am
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:26 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on. "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:18 am 
Master Pilot

It's not a bumper sticker, but my friend has a T-shirt that says this and it's too good not to be on this list:

Only when the last tree is fallen, the last river is dried up, and the last fish is trapped, will we learn that we can't eat money.

Her shirt says it in Spanish, though.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:13 pm 
Pilot

I had a bumper sticker that said "Prevent inbreeding, ban country music" but then I moved to Nashville and thought I might be shot because of that so I covered up with a "Smile, God loves you" sticker.

I also like "Be patient with me, God has finished me yet" "Why am I the only person on earth that knows how to drive? "Hang up and drive" "Caution I swerve and hit people at random"
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:51 pm 
Master Pilot

I like, "One nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day!" The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:36 am 
Master Pilot

Its not supposed to be a funny one, but I love those "How am I driving" ones! I remember this dummy in a van had one, and I actually called the number because he was careless! Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:44 am 
Master Pilot

Un42nately I can't put the response bumpersticker 2 How am I driving? on due 2 profanity restrictions. But it basically goes: How am I driving? Call 1-800 EAT ---- , well u get the ideal! I saw a weird T-shirt the other day that said "Brain! If you don't shut up right now I'll slam a Q-tip in my ear!" quite amusing, tho.. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 9/18/02 5:46:32 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:47 pm 
Master Pilot

When I drove a really old VW Beetle (a really old '69 Beetle, not the new and improved "fake" Beetle ), someone joked that I should have this bumpersticker:

"I'm peddling as fast as I can."

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>